I'm green. I suck. It's on order.

I've toyed with the demo long enough.

I knew right off the bat that I loved this game but I didn't dish out the money until this morning. Why? Oh, Visa, Mastercard, Gas & Electric, hell, I don't know, the bills keep coming in and it's sometimes tough to justify the cost of a game, even at a reasonable price. The cats want to eat every day, and since I like them, I feel obligated to fatten their plates with the best from 9Lives.

Odd thing is, if CM had been available at the Electronics Boutique that stands, more than figuratively, just beyond my back yard, I would have bought it long ago. Immediate gratification--it's an illness. The play money, left over once the bills are done, went toward other things: books, music, gifts, other games--some good, some not so much. Sure, I was often gratified but just for a short while. The voice in my head kept up. It said things like, "Combat Mission."

I played the demo some more. I sucked but it didn't matter; it brought me back for more. I even won a few battles. The bug bit deeper. I downloaded mods and made the world rugged and beautiful. I sent letters to friends, telling them to buy this game and send me a tank through their e-mail smoke.

I finally caved. I payed Mastercard and Visa and Gas & Electric. I muttered something to Buzz & Scout(the cats)like, "It'll be ok, there's more chicken." I aimed a mallet at the ceramic pig bank full of coins and it spilled out forty-five dollars plus shipping.

I fired up the Battlefront website, typed in my order--hit SUBMIT.

Steve

Welcome Mudfrost. BTW check your life as you know at the door. Wife/girlfriend/sig. other? Gone. Cats/pets? History. Bills? Who cares...you 've got Combat Mission boy and there is no known cure.

------------------

Yet another poor grasshoper that is fearful of the "on-line" marketing of CM.

Well, I can understand this fear, but all fears should dissolve if you read the "Battlefront.com Manifesto" and "Who are these guys?" from this page.

I'll tell ya what, I'd rather buy a game with this marketing than wasting money on ANY store bought game with unknown customer support.

The greatest thing is the dedicated customer tha BTS provides with numerous patches that fix minor bugs and add major tweaks to the AI. And as for taking into account if their suseptiveness to user ideas, see the recent Halftrack thread.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mudfrost:

Maximus,

I don't know where you got that from. I wasn't fearful at all, simply slow in placing my order. Read carefully.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you must know, I got it from you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Odd thing is, if CM had been available at the Electronics Boutique that stands, more than figuratively, just beyond my back yard, I would have bought it long ago.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From that quote, I inferred that you would have bought it immediately if you saw it in a store. But since CM is only available on-line, you held off didn't you?

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the addiction. I think the last wargame that felt so unique and captured me like this was "Empire." Anyone remember it? It even inspired Sid Meier to create Civilization.

Of course, there have been many great games since then but few have that revolutionary feel.

Steve

Guest Seimerst

LOL- Mudfrost-while you have just been assimilated into the CMBorg Complex, I think you have reason for hope as you still have effective priorities-- feed the cats and pay the bills-- then the rest of the time play CM. Pick a scenario and a side that you want to play in PBEM and e-mail me:

72053.726@compuserve.com Again- welcome.

Guest MantaRay

Mudfrost, welcome aboard, and I too feel a bit more likely buying at the EB than online, because I get it NOW. But, CM was the exception to my normal lvl of patience. Hardest part was after the wife gifted it to me, was waiting that short period of time for it to come. She even emailed Steve cause I was climbing the walls.

And don't worry about Maximus, he does this a lot. Glad you didn't turn it into an issue.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

Seimerst,

I'd be glad to start up an e-mail game with you but give me a little time to get my feet wet. As I mentioned above, I'm still green around the gills.

I'm hoping to receive my copy sometime next week, just before vacation starts. wink.gif

I doubt I'll be able to avoid e-mail play for long. Very much looking forward to it.

Thanks for the invite. I'll keep in touch.

Mudfrost