New grass terrain for your approval

Hello, all

Here is the latest grass variant to arise out of my modding maddness, I call it "bushy grass" due to the pattern.

This is a high-res grass and is best suited to systems that can handle the texture load.

If the feedback is sufficiently positive, I'll ask The Last Defense to host it.

View?u=1532709&a=11607023&p=44830590

2nd of 4 images:

View?u=1532709&a=11607023&p=44830591

3rd of 4 images:

View?u=1532709&a=11607023&p=44830589

4th of 4 images

View?u=1532709&a=11607023&p=44830592

[This message has been edited by gunnergoz (edited 03-26-2001).]

Hello, Doc Brian,

Here's some URL's for mods that I use a lot:

http://www.combatmission.com/

http://www.afv-uk.net/cmoutpost/

http://www.combat-missions.net/

And there are many other excellent sites.

My mods are carried by the kind fellow who is at:

http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/TheLastDefense/index.html

Enjoy!

BTW, these files total 15MB and so are too large to email out to individuals...sorry!

Check out the above sites for lots of other terrain mods, including the trees and bases (my own and from other modders) hinted at in my screen shots.

[This message has been edited by gunnergoz (edited 03-26-2001).]

Looking at images 1 & 3, I offer as friendly advice that the grass textures look just a LITTLE too flourescent. Try a bit of desaturation (10% at first), but with many graphics programs, desaturation will also "darken" the image bitmap. So adjusting the brightness a bit may be needed for compensation.

Your brown/green variations are nonetheless intriguing.

Gunnergoz- my mailboxes are cleared and ready for the mod. Send it over so I can post it.

This is my favorite of your terrains so far, I'm going to use this one for sure.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Gunner,

Would you consider making a variant that cuts down on the brightness of 1 & 3? I love the richness and suggestion of texture providing by these terrains, and would use the mod in a second.

Good Luck All!!!

Originally posted by Spook:

Looking at images 1 & 3, I offer as friendly advice that the grass textures look just a LITTLE too flourescent. Try a bit of desaturation (10% at first), but with many graphics programs, desaturation will also "darken" the image bitmap. So adjusting the brightness a bit may be needed for compensation.

Your brown/green variations are nonetheless intriguing.

I *Love* the brown/green pattern, it's pretty much more lifelike than those golf courses we see too often in the game biggrin.gif

But I agree, it's too bright IMO... reducing saturation 10 to 20 should also do the trick.

Interesting anyway, please host them anywhere !

Thanks for the kind words, guys, I appreciate them and the feedback very much.

As I mentioned earlier, the brightness of a couple of the photos is a function of the photo imaging process at Photopoint.com and is not representative of the final terrain.

This grass is a bit more varied than you might think, especially where there major elevation differences on the map.

I'm working on finding a grass with the right blend of realistic variation and pattern, yet which will stll give us a good elevation indication. Be patient, I'll get there and will let you know when the critter finally gets birthed!

Download this mod at The Last Defense now!!!

Sorry about the delay, the carrier pigeons Gunnergoz and I were using didn't work out very well.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Yes, the grass is all dark and the suggestion of unmown fields is present all the way down to level 2!!! VERY VERY NICE This game just keeps getting better and better!!!

Thanks gunnergoz

[This message has been edited by Agua (edited 03-28-2001).]