Museum in Virginia

A while back someone posted a link to a museum in Virginia that had a Tiger tank as well as some other vehicles. I've tried searching the board but the "search" function isn't working properly, it just sits there forever. If anyone has information on this museum's location I'd be greatful.

Yo Crow,

I was recntly in DC (bordered by Va.) and on the way home stopped at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Aberdeen, Maryland. Are you sure that isn't what you're thinking of?

They have a field that is open 24/7 that has most of your major WW2 tanks. They also have a museum that was closed when I got there.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

Yo Crow,

I was recntly in DC (bordered by Va.) and on the way home stopped at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Aberdeen, Maryland. Are you sure that isn't what you're thinking of?

They have a field that is open 24/7 that has most of your major WW2 tanks. They also have a museum that was closed when I got there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were probably there on a Monday, the museum used to be closed on Mondays. I did that too on a trip, got there on a Monday. Check the link below, I believe they are now open seven days a week except for certain holidays.

Here's the link to the United States Army Ordnance Museum at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland:

http://www.goordnance.apg.army.mil/odmuseum.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Napoleon1944:

The Tigers are no longer there. The Tiger II is in Ft Knox and the Tiger I has been shipped over to Germany to be restored. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, I'm glad I went to Aberdeen and to the Ft Knox museum when I did. BTW, the Patton museum at Ft Knox is very nice, although the drive down from Louisville can be pretty tough if you hit traffic at the wrong time. Be sure to swing by the gold repository afterwards!