I have a question...

Hello everyone. I believe I have asked this question before but I'm not sure...

I am trying to make a scenario where the allies can use airplane artillery spotters (you know what I am talking about, not the fighter-bomber). but I can not find anything of the like in the Units menu- only for axis. I changed the dates, and set it both as attacker and defender, and then set the weather to clear. I can not find allied close air support (i believe that is what it is called). Can someone please help me? :(

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Major Concussion:

I am trying to make a scenario where the allies can use airplane artillery spotters (you know what I am talking about, not the fighter-bomber). but I can not find anything of the like in the Units menu- only for axis.<hr></blockquote>

You're not going to find any because there aren't any availible, either for the allies or axis.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Major Concussion:

but i did find axis planes, and the manual says there are for both... :confused: <hr></blockquote>

Yes, there are planes availible for both sides, but not the type you are looking for. Both sides get fighter-bombers, but not airborne arty spotters.

There is a way to do a half-arsed simulation of this. Make a really tall, narrow hill on the edge of the map, and make a stream to entirely surround the top square. Place an arty spotter there and make it unavailable for setup (so it can't be moved). Like I said, half-arsed (and ugly), but it works. :D

Nathanael