CM against the Software Industry

I HATE Combat Mission! It has ruined my life. I find myself leaving work early just so I can rush home and play it late into the night, then I drag in the morning because I don't get enough sleep. It's a continuous DO loop. I can't take it anymore. I vow NEVER to play CM again........well, at least for the next couple of hours! Can't wait for CM2. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knaust:

I'm still looking forward to get HarpoonIV...I'm afraid anyway it will never appear in shelves.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do not fret Brother Knaust for Harpoon has always been my fav game cardboard or PC and even though announced cancelled, it was rescheduled and will be released.

Fear not.

The only other game I've bought was Midtown Madness 2, but that was for the kids :D

Last night I downloaded Steel Panthers: World at War v.5. Before discovering Cm, SP:WAW was the best wargame ever. I was somewhat excited about the new versoin with many enhancements, so I made the leap.

Oh man, what a disappointment! I am not knocking anexcellent game, but geez, I've really become spoiled. I got so impatient waiting for that SLOW_ASS AI too complete its turn (it took like 5 minutes!) that I stopped taking opportunity fire just so it might end quicker! I LOVE WE-GO!!!

And then, (actually before -- I only completed one turn) I was moving out and there was a hill. How high was it? Who knows, it just looked like a big lighter-colored splotch. Anymore, I don't understand the LOS of top-view hex-based games. It just doesn't make sense!

OK, finally, looking down on my PzIIIe's they looked like a bunch of hot-wheels, and those squads -- where am I, a bridge to far???

I love Combat Mission, and now that I've had it, I CAN NEVER GO BACK!

BTS, you did this to me. You said "Take it, the first one's free..." Gimme more, gimme more. Take my money, I NEED it!

Screw the AI, screw the graphics, screw accurate OOBs and units, just GIMME MORE!

As you can see, I am now a Combat Mission-monster.

In my house DaWife no longer calls it a computer. It's that Damn CM machine :D:D

Almost had a heart attack the other day I had to reboot the CM machine and I hadn't turned off CM in such a long time the CD was no longer in the drive. Some little mutant took it out and put in Rollercoaster Tycoon! :eek:

-------

"It's good to be at the top of the food chain"

One thing I forgot to mention is...

The recession in the late 80s early 90s practically killed the RPG market, and a lot of gaming companies went down.

Task Force Games, even TSR no longer exists. What a slaughter... I am sure that video game consoles didn't help.

Now another recession is starting, I expect people will be more careful before spending money on games. If they decide to be "careful" by spending money on high-quality games only, BTS has nothing to fear.

smile.gif

Frankly, other strategy games seem like toys compared to CM. It is now difficult to believe that I found games like Warcraft and Starcraft addictive. Even Steel Panthers, which I spent many hours playing, pales in comparison to CM.