Incredible Jumbo vs Hetzer fight

In a TCPIP game, I sent my Hetzer over a hill to face a Jumbo; the two tanks appered in front of each otehr at about 50 m, and both bounded three or four shells off the other's front armor before the Jumbo disabled the Hetzer's gun with a gun hit.

Shortly afterwards, I sent a whole PLATOON of fresh Pioneers after the Jumbo. They assaulted from the side along with a Panaerschreck at point-blank range, but they managed only to immobilize the Jumbo! I admit that's beter than nothing, but...

Before that, my 88 Puppchen had bounced a number of 88 shells off the Jumbo before being killed.

I'll post an AAR of this incredible battle after it is finished, which will take some time.

Morale: Jumbos are hard to lill, but Hetzers are just as hard to kill from the front. I guess a hellcat has a better chance of killing a Hetzer from the front, as long as the Hetzer doesn't get off the first shot...

Henri

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

In a TCPIP game, I sent my Hetzer over a hill to face a Jumbo; the two tanks appered in front of each otehr at about 50 m, and both bounded three or four shells off the other's front armor before the Jumbo disabled the Hetzer's gun with a gun hit.

Henri<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The last game i played, I had a Panther G and a Sherman Jumbo bouncing shots off each other at 40m for 5 turns!

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.