what's the best face mod to go with subdued?

i think my guys' faces are too shiny when i play with DD or subdued velvet terrain. which is good?

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Hi ,

you can get a special subdued version of Dave Aitkins Face mod from my website ( go to " mods " and then choose " faces & uniforms " ).

Regards

Thomas Klimisch

Originally posted by russellmz:

i think my guys' faces are too shiny when i play with DD or subdued velvet terrain. which is good?

------------------

Visit Toms Combat Mission HQ ( bilingual site ) at http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

Originally posted by Tom:

you can get a special subdued version of Dave Aitkins Face mod from my website ( go to " mods " and then choose " faces & uniforms " ).

Sure that one's pretty good but nothing can match the superb blending of subdued earth tones found in my 3D Hamster Face mod. ;)

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

The Unofficial Vic Bitter Website

I presume, Kitty, that a future project of yours will be to lobby Charles & Steve to include properly-scaled 3D polygon sets so that instead of providing just "faces", you can provide a mod of the whole rodent? wink.gif

I've tried the face sets provided at CMHQ by Bloess, Duplessis, and the recent "rarg" addition from Romeiro, and with subdued uniforms. Each set has good attributes, although the set by Duplessis might work best with subdued uniforms & other subdued graphics. I still prefer the Bloess set for my own use though.

Originally posted by Spook:

I presume, Kitty, that a future project of yours will be to lobby Charles & Steve to include properly-scaled 3D polygon sets so that instead of providing just "faces", you can provide a mod of the whole rodent? ;)

Ah, it's a beautiful dream. If only. If only . . .

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

Originally posted by russellmz:

my guys' faces are too shiny

Wow, I'm sorry. I'm not sure how I missed this the first time but I did. If your guys are having problems with shiny faces it's because they have oily skin. Oily skin results from the hyperproduction of sebum (oil). Individuals with oily skin may also have a genetic predisposition to acne that could be triggered by a combination of other factors such as stress and poor diet.

Oily skin reacts well to horsetail, which helps reduce the oil flow. Aloe vera is a good moisturizer humectant and healer for this skin type.

These are just a couple of quick ideas I thought you might like. We can go into more detail if you like. Let me know. =)

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

thanks for the link tom. i am trying them out now.

and i misspoke. what i meant wasn't shiny, but colorful(at long distance you can see the bright color of his face).

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

From Kitty:

"Individuals with oily skin may also have a genetic predisposition to acne that could be triggered by a combination of other factors such as stress and poor diet."

The part in bold is a good definition of my day job environment. redface.gif

[This message has been edited by Spook (edited 01-24-2001).]