Holy Hand Grenade

Well, isn't that what you use to blow up bunnies?

In all seriousness, I was making this post to inquire as to public views of Gunny Bunny's usenet group. Is it worth subscribing to? Are there any others?

One, two, five!

------------------

"The hands of the Clock of Doom have moved again. Only a few more swings of the pendulum, and, from Moscow to Chicago, atomic explosions will strike midnight for Western civilization."

-Eugene Rabinowitch

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Well, isn't that what you use to blow up bunnies?

In all seriousness, I was making this post to inquire as to public views of Gunny Bunny's usenet group. Is it worth subscribing to? Are there any others?

One, two, five!

I do not have Usenet, but another person has told me it has no one on it and only hosts trolling by gunny bunny.

Where is my turn Meeks?

This Meeks fellow seems most unreliable, Slapdragon, the way you keep badgering him! If you want a dependable PBEM opponent, let me know.

Besides, as bad as the King Tiger freaks are, the guys like Meeks that complain and cry when they don't get to use the Holy Hand Grenade patch have to be the worst! Search for my post on Humphrey Bogart grenades for a complete explanation!

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

This Meeks fellow seems most unreliable, Slapdragon, the way you keep badgering him! If you want a dependable PBEM opponent, let me know.

Besides, as bad as the King Tiger freaks are, the guys like Meeks that complain and cry when they don't get to use the Holy Hand Grenade patch have to be the worst! Search for my post on Humphrey Bogart grenades for a complete explanation!

Dorosh, it will be my pleasure to tussle. What is your pleasure?

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I do not have Usenet, but another person has told me it has no one on it and only hosts trolling by gunny bunny.

Where is my turn Meeks?

It's actually not too bad. But nothing near the traffic as here. Mostly newbies asking questions. GB stayed away, then came back with a new fake email address and started another rant. No one has any respect for him so Im not sure why he continues unless he's just a masochistic troll.

There's about 10-15 messages per day, Fionn is over there too.

Originally posted by Phoenix:

It's actually not too bad. But nothing near the traffic as here. Mostly newbies asking questions. GB stayed away, then came back with a new fake email address and started another rant. No one has any respect for him so Im not sure why he continues unless he's just a masochistic troll.

There's about 10-15 messages per day, Fionn is over there too.

You sure that is not comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.historical-war?

Hey Slappy, I sent you an E-mail (Where's your ICQ, you caveman?!?!). I gots no CD, you dip, so you'll need to host the game and then I will happily slaughter you as much as you deem necessary. As this is not a taunt or challenge thread, I will now post something on topic:

Usenet, to my uneducated eye, appears to suck mightily. I will not use this thing and hope that I will never ever hear of it again. I'm sorry I ever brought the subject up.

------------------

"The hands of the Clock of Doom have moved again. Only a few more swings of the pendulum, and, from Moscow to Chicago, atomic explosions will strike midnight for Western civilization."

-Eugene Rabinowitch

Hey Meekers, I visit the site, but mostly to heckle and watch the GBer get torn apart by the others, as he tries to keep control of "his" board. It is quite entertaining, although if you showed up you would likely scare the crap out of him, and cause the board to spontaneously disassemble to component parts. Which upon reflection might not be a bad thing.

------------------

"With cat-like tread, Upon our prey we steal;

In silence dread, Our cautious way we feel." -G&S

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

You sure that is not comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.historical-war?

No Phoenix has the right group and sums it up pretty well. c.s.i.p.g.war-historical is a much more lively group with a wider readership and discusses all wargames. Fionn posts in both.

Guest Germanboy

had a look through www.deja.com and it looks okay to me, if you ignore GB's infrequent rants. He gets shouted down quickly, and probably regrets he can not moderate it biggrin.gif

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Well I finally managed to penetrate their newsgroup, and this is the first message I see, regarding the "BTS Brainwashing Techniques"

"In article <955dvk$5gd$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, combat_mission@my-deja.com writes

To be brain-washed, one needs a brain in the first place."

I guess he means us?

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Well I finally managed to penetrate their newsgroup, and this is the first message I see, regarding the "BTS Brainwashing Techniques"

"In article <955dvk$5gd$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, combat_mission@my-deja.com writes

To be brain-washed, one needs a brain in the first place."

I guess he means us?

You came in in mid thread - that was my reply to GB's rant about how anyone who didn't agree with him had been brain-washed by BTS.