Suggestion

Guest Richard C. Giberson

This may have been said by someone, sometime. But I would sure like to see a "button" added to the CM game that would provide STATUS information at a glance, equivalent with what is done with the STATUS menu, in the Talonsoft FRONT games.

Guest Scott Clinton

Yes, you can sure bet it has.

I have played close to 100 games of CM and still, last week I when I was rushed and failed to cycle through all of my units on the first turn missed plotting a platoon's HQ unit. So, off ran the platoon with no CO. By the time I got them going the next turn they were 90sec behind their men...

I find it particularly difficult to determine who has moves plotted and who does not on the first turn due to the “congestion” that tends to occur in certain locations during setup and the overlap of units and movement lines that occurs.

The last I heard was that BTS “Was looking into this for CM2”.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 02-23-2001).]

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Status of what? Casualties? Ammo levels?

All the things covered like the FRONT games do: In othr words I should be able to see a list of "kills", a list of "objective" status (not really needed, the flags are quite clear -- this just for completeness), and most of all an assessment of "point status" and current "degree of victory".

I would also like in the Scenario Briefings to have listed the "point value" of the opposing forces.

Richard, welcome to Fog of War.

The fact that you don't know the size of the enemy force or his current disposition is essential to maintaining a realistic nature. A commander never knows his percent of victory, nor do units know their exact kill numbers.

IMHO, these features don't work for a game that tries to put you into a true command position like CM does.

------------------

Woot! - Maximus2k

The New CessPool

For a QB, you would already know the "point value", and for historical scenarios, my opinion is that would tend to be a bit of a spoiler.

Degree of victory is already shown as a percentage level on the main screen. Kills are shown per unit, but only "verified" kills.

CM obviously fits farther into the simulation side of the sim-game spectrum. If CM wanted to go whole hog, perhaps they could have a "gamey" sliding scale as they do for Fog of War, giving those in the game camp more of these kinds of options.

Well, as far as movement and targetting goes, you can get this info already if you show movement and target orders (shift-P I think). You can also turn on unit status to find all your dead guys and ammo loadouts of the live guys. Forget which hotkey that is. So what you're asking for is probably already there, just takes a few keystrokes and doesn't come out tabular like.

------------------

Jeff Abbott