Quick Battles have a new "unrestricted" force type.

What does this mean? Does it mean I can combine Green with crack? Or when I buy a regular american rifle company I can make the zooks vet? Just wondering..

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Ok Thanks. But how is Unrestriced different than Combined Arms. You can buy TRP's and roadblocks?? Or spend all your pts on one thing. i.e. You pick unrestriced with 1500 pts and spend 1400 on arty? Not that I'd do that. Thanks for any help.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

In the previous versions you were limited to certain amounts in the various categories according to a percentage. Only so much armor, or infantry etc. Now those limitations are gone. You can spend the points ALL in one area or spread them around as you wish. How many times before did you find that to get that tank or extra machine gun put you over in the category limit. Now that is not a problem.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

Cool. Thanks jd.

------------------

This is something I'll never use. I actually like the categories because it kind of 'auto-balances' your force for you but I can see that this addition would add some uncertainty and excitement to QB's.

I too was hoping that unrestricted meant that you could mix Green, Regular, and Veteran (or Regular, Veteran and Crack) troops in the same QB. Now if BTS had put that in, I would be jumping for joy. Ah well...

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time

Originally posted by deanco:

I too was hoping that unrestricted meant that you could mix Green, Regular, and Veteran (or Regular, Veteran and Crack) troops in the same QB. Now if BTS had put that in, I would be jumping for joy. Ah well...

But you can do that with the existing versions. In Quick Battles, I typically choose a veteran infantry company and most of the rest regular, including an extra regular infanty platoo if I have enough points.

As long as you buy them separately, you can mix as much as you want.

What you could not do (and probably still can't) is to buy a Company of infantry and then throw out a platoon and replace it with another one. But if you buy platoons separately, they could be of any kind (of course you pay slightly more for buying them separately).

Henri

I actualy Love this new section.

If you are playing verses another human and choose this option, It adds a Ton of FOW.

Did he go all armor? all infantry? ect..

You know how many points he/she had but now you have no idea of what they could have actualy bought.

No more of that " Well I just killed one stug, so at most he could have one more".

Now you just never know.

It also kicks out every argument of anything being even. The game gives you the points... spend them how you wish.

Lovely.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=