Mapping forum??

Why does this forum not have one?

I consider mapping to be extremely fun and interesting-and frustrating. I like it almost as much as the game itself. I'm sure that there are a good many people out there who also like to try their hand at creating a map either for the benefit of others or just for their own enjoyment. I think it would benefit the CM community immensely if there was a forum where mappers could go and discuss problems that they have and techniques that they use to make the most out of their maps. Sooo...can we have a mapping forum please?

I looked in the Tips and Tricks forum before I posted and most of the discussion seems to be about actual gameplay. I think a forum discusing the very thing on which you play is pretty important! At least it seems that way. Almost all other forums that I've been on have a mapping forum to encourage the mapping community for that particular game to improve

To my way of thinking, such a topic belongs under scenario design. None of these forums have all posts fully related to their alleged theme.

Scenario Design is a good place to take it, Canuck. I think you'll find much more interest that what you might think.

We are opening and offering generic maps on the Boots N Tracks site for those who want a shortcut to scenario design.

I think eventually a rather simple tutorial on map making in CM should be forthcoming.

OT...does it seem to anybody else that some people put out half assed maps? Example: an airfield comprised of six heavy buildings spaced in two rows about 100m apart, with concrete paving in between that is about 100m wide and 300m long. Question: is this supposed to be an airfield? I mean c'mon people...