Sound mod revision

In my neverending search for perfection I have revised three of my soundmods: the 37mm tank/AT gun, the 88mm high velocity tank/AT gun and the recoiless weapons (recoiless rifles, zooks, schrecks).

Especially the new 'recoiless sound' is much more spectacular then before - Recoiless Rifles are very LOUD guns. But I hope it's not to spectacular for the zooks and schrecks now. CM use the same sounds for both. :rolleyes:

I hope you like them. To download as usual at WarfareHQ

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: Scipio ]

I tried your update and I think all three sound good. But: I won't be using your recoiless rifle/schreck sound simply because it is too similar to other big guns. At least to me, being able to hear which weapons are being used is a big help during the fight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlowMotion:

...because it is too similar to other big guns...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I think it's very significant - to make the difference audible is one of my primary goals! I check this once more under battle conditions.

Hi Scipio, I've just tried all three in a QB and thought they were excellent, particularly the 88mm.

I had no problem distinguishing the sound of my RCL in action, in fact unusually for me it bagged 4 afv's in the battle, so you may just have invented the first combination sound and luck mod smile.gif

IMHO it sounded fine as a 'shreck launch as well, so thanks for another fine sound mod.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]

I meant that my current schreck sound is more unique than the one in your update. Not necessarily as high quality, but very easy to recognize from other battle noises. I wish BTS used one sound for schrecks/bazookas and another for recoiless rifles. I would use your sound for the latter.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

I had no problem distinguishing the sound of my RCL in action, in fact unusually for me it bagged 4 afv's in the battle, so you may just have invented the first combination sound and luck mod smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, don't say it to loud - I already see a dicussion about the gamey use of my sound mods smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlowMotion:

I meant that my current schreck sound is more unique than the one in your update. Not necessarily as high quality, but very easy to recognize from other battle noises. I wish BTS used one sound for schrecks/bazookas and another for recoiless rifles. I would use your sound for the latter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to see this - and many other extra sounds - too.