Giving new meaning to "draw fire"

You sometimes get a similar effect when reinforcements arrive in game - the Sherwood (?) Fusiliers is one such scenario

MINOR SPOILER ALERT

When the Canadian reinfoercements arrive tehy are WAY too close to the front line, so suddenly a column of 10 or 15 shermans, fireflys and churchills arrives on this road pointing up the main axis of enemy advance and there's this mad minute as every German unit in front of them gets wasted!!

What was on the firing side of those lines? A bunch of ATGs? With your platoon above the rails, you can pretty much count out as knocked out. To top it off, if there were any survivors behind them, the wrecks of their comrades will obstruct their view. Your 3 tank unit on the rail has the best chance of doing anything. Survivors trying to get a view/shot above the rail are pretty much dead meat if they take a look.

Love analyzing this type of stuff. smile.gif

As I recall, the firing side involved two half-tracks, one full 12-man squad (possibly two squads, it was hard to track the lines), a Wolverine, two Challenger tanks, a Vickers, and possibly a Daimler.

It only happened for a fraction of a second. I had to hit replay about four times to catch it. But all guns fired, and it took out all 9 guys in the SS security squad at the pointy-end of those lines.

As for the tanks on the tracks, they were useless. They were too busy playing the "bad driver dance-of-death". In fact, I hereby officially request that BTS create a fourth AI, which should be fully dedicated to driving vehicles...