PBEM Proggy Won't Work On My Computer

I installed it and entered in all the info for each file. When I highlight a game though and hit enter, CM begins but nothing else happens. It just waits there for me to pick the game I want. So, why doesn't it choose the file for me and enter in the pass? What's going on?

Col. Deaemarsh,

you mean you're still at the opening screen for CM? You have to click on join multiplayer and then click on PBEM. A box will appear and you then select the correct game file. I hope that helps. If not there was a thread by Wincape that answered lots of questions about PBEM Helper.

I'm using the one called "PBEM"--not "One Click To Combat."

When I'm at the pick screen, I choose the game I want to play. The program loads up CM but only takes me to the opening screen, just as if I had started it myself. Even when I hit multiplayer and then "load email", it doesn't choose the file for me. It doesn't do anything at all.

With One Click To Combat, all I had to do was choose the game I wanted to play and "boom", I was in the game. Isn't this supposed to work the same way? In fact the only reason I downloaded this was because I heard it was better. For me though, it won't work at all.

The game needs to be in Play state, and the password must be defined for it.

It's true that it could try to do all the automatic stuff always if you click Play, but currently it only starts CMBO, unless the above two things are OK.

If your game is not in Play state, then you probably didn't use the Additional Working Folder feature.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fuerte:

The game needs to be in Play state, and the password must be defined for it.

It's true that it could try to do all the automatic stuff always if you click Play, but currently it only starts CMBO, unless the above two things are OK.

If your game is not in Play state, then you probably didn't use the Additional Working Folder feature.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lemme get this straight...the program only starts CM for you and sends the file back to your opponent when you're done? Not bagging on the program but I heard this does more than One Click and yet I don't see how. One Click does all of this and gets you into the game with...One Click. No need for entering in passwords or clicking through screens.

I guess I'll go back to the old one. I'm lazy and it seems to be a good marriage.

I will never stray again...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Lemme get this straight...the program only starts CM for you and sends the file back to your opponent when you're done?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No... as I said, it will do the automatic loading of turn file, IF the game is in PLAY state AND the password for the game has been defined in PBEM helper.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viceroy:

could you explain to me how the "additional working folders" thing works? Also, I heard with the latest version it will put the turn files in the correct folder .... how do I do that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both are explained in the Readme (pbem.htm), see Help / About.

The Additional Working Folder feature will create a folder C:\My Documents\PBEM, under which there will be a subfolder for each game program, i.e. C:\My Documents\PBEM\CMBO. If you receive a turn file in .txt format, then you should save it into this C:\My Documents\PBEM\CMBO folder, and the PBEM helper will move it from there into correct folder under CMBO program, and it will know that you have received the turn, so the game state will change to Play.

If you are using numbered files (filename###.txt), and there is a matching subfolder under Combat Mission\PBEM folder (Combat Mission\PBEM\filename), then PBEM helper will move all old turn files from Combat Mission\PBEM into Combat Mission\PBEM\filename folder. The latest file will remain in Combat Mission\PBEM folder.