Final Mod help

Can someone answer these queries before I hit 'install' pse?

1) I did a full install of the game from CD to hard drive. I presume I'll still need to copy the Core CD files to the Mod folder in CMBO though?

2) Once I've done this I can delete the Core CD zip icon I believe?

3) I've put Core files at bottom of Modmanager list with BTS updates above them. I have then put MDMP 1 & 2 above them in that order. I have copied the wav and bmp folders as a back up. Am I correct in thinking I only have to tick the MDMP packs to install?

4) If so, what's the point of the full install options? When am I likely to need it?

5) I downloaded the 1.0f patch for ModManager too. The readme says to copy the .exe file over the existing one. All I did was copy that folder into the CMBO/Mod folder and used that to create the link which i sent to the desktop. Is that right? A saw a similar post on this a few days ago but can't find it now.

Thx

confused.gif

What are you asking, I'm confused.

What platform are you referring to, PC or Mac?

I don't follow your statement about copying the Core CD files to the Mod folder. And what Core CD zip icon are you talking about?

If this is all have to do with the Mod Manager, then that's where I'm losing you as I don't use that. I just do it the ol' fashioned way. CTRL-Drag (copy) from mod folder to bmp folder.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Originally posted by ragnaar15:

I have a whole crapload of mods on my computer, and I recommend not using the mod manager at all. It's not that hard to unzip the files into the /bmp directory. I found the manager to only complicate an already fairly simple process.

LOL! Yep my sentiments exactly. I look at it that if you're comfortable in doing basic Windows file management, then you really don't the Mod Manager.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

I agree and avoid the use of Mod Manager. Perhaps through my own ineptness, it managed to overwrite all my favorite mod files and I had to reload CM and the patches from scratch. I must have not read the readme file right biggrin.gif

Now I just copy the .bmp's that I want to use from dedicated storage folders, e.g. "winter speckled grass" or "French units" etc. Using CompuPic as a file transfer manager, it's easy and gives you visual verification of what you're doing.

You have a point and I tend to stick to old and tested methods in the main.

Having said that, as the worst thing that could happen was me needing to copy back the .bmp and .wav files I gave it a shot. Result: twenty one mods copied over in about two minutes. Not bad eh?

Originally posted by Doug Williams:

I must agree. I don't use mod manager, batch files, or anything like that. I just pick the mods I like and copy them into the BMP directory. Works fine.

You don't use batch files? They are pretty simple as well.

Maximus, you are correct in that batch files are really no sweat to master.

What I have found personally more efficient is to use a graphics viewer like CompuPic (there are many others, shareware and freeware) and copy files into the BMP folder from dedicated, exclusive folders that hold the mod files.

This has the advantage of letting me view the .bmp files that are being transferred before I copy them.

Probably this habit developed because I'm constantly tinkering with .bmp files while doing little mods. I then test them by booting up a CM scenario to see how the modded files will work out. While this process is happening, I have CompuPic running all the time in the background as my file/image manager.

It may work for someone else, so I mention it.