PREPLACED MINE FIELDS

"Locking" the minefields in place (or any other unit, for that matter) is the scenario designers choice, and is not something that the game demands in and of itself.

There are any of a number of reasons why a scenario might 'lock' a unit in place - to replicate a historical situation, limit the options for a unit in order to balance the scenario, etc.

So if you have a problem with the locked minefields in a given scenario, go bitch at the scenario designer. Just don't blame it on the game.

YD

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

....So if you have a problem with the locked minefields in a given scenario, go bitch at the scenario designer. Just don't blame it on the game.

YD

Don't bitch at the scenario designer. As long as the game is not "tournament saved" you can open it up in the scenario editor. Then you can alter the scenario anyway you want.

I alter scenario's all the time. Not only does it help give me ideas for my own, but it's faster to alter one with a few minor flaws (or even major ones) than it is to build one from scratch.

Common Reasons for Altering Scenario's

1. Units locked in place.

2. Reinforcements "beam down" (Star Trek style) onto the battlefield in full view of the enemy on a predictable turn.(no random entry out of view).

3. Force mix not to my liking.

4. Terrain elements need tweaking. (hedges, bocage cross roads, Water at high elevations instead of down low, Railroad crossings, Houses in road, etc.)

I appreciate all the scenario makers sharing their work because I can learn from any of them.

Sincerely,

Ken