Bogged AFV

If any of my vehicles get bogged I stop them, then I put them into reverse for about 20 metres. Then go around the offending terrain.

It doesn't always work.

------------------

"I love it, God help me I do love it so"

My wife, a recovering Catholic, saw me set the church in Chance Encounter ablaze with tank fire and was mildly scandalized. I explained that I would have gladly left holy ground untouched, but that the germans had a machine gun in the damn place. - Terence

Hamsters your humor loses it;s charm outside of the pool now back back....and send me a turn. I also find that if you just halt the vehicle and leave it alone that helps (maybe the crew can then concentrate on getting out?) Just my thoughts

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Kryton of Red Dwarf

Changing movement orders does nothing in the aid of unbogging. Unbogging is just a matter of chance weighed with crew experience I believe.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Actually there was a big brewhahaa about whether experience should be factored. So I do not know that it is. I know it is factored in getting bogged but I do not know about getting out.

Matt or Kwazy?

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Kryton of Red Dwarf

[This message has been edited by Priest (edited 03-12-2001).]

Originally posted by Wanderer:

If any of my vehicles get bogged I stop them, then I put them into reverse for about 20 metres. Then go around the offending terrain.

It doesn't always work.

I don't know how meaningful it is, but I've had better luck with a very short forward Move order than with Reverse. But that also doesn't always work. I do tend to halt and issue a new order. I'm not sure that has any effect, but it makes me feel better.

My experience suggests that Move is the best order when bogging is a risk. Not sure if this is universally true, but you seem to bog less than with Hunt and much less than with Fast.

Guest Mikey D

My experience is if it's bogged it will eventually become unbogged without any more input. Less a matter of technique and more a matter of patience.

Originally posted by Mikey D:

My experience is if it's bogged it will eventually become unbogged without any more input. Less a matter of technique and more a matter of patience.

OR it will become immbolized.Then thats that and you are STUCK with a pillbox!

Sometimes it can take more than a few minutes to unbog (like 10 to 15)

I have heard/read rumours of other players using other same size or Heavier AFV's to attempt to push the bogged vehicles out. It has been reported to work, (sounds quite intuitive actually) but I have never tried it.

-tom w