AI changed my movement orders in a strange way...

Ok, so I'm using v1.12, and last night I plotted a Fast move for one of my Cromwell IV's. It had about 13 different waypoints to it, and they were all "fast". Well, the next order's phase after that turn, I see the AI had changed the last 9 or 10 moves into "reverse" moves. The funny thing is, it didn't move the waypoints even a little bit or add any new waypoints. It simply decided to make my tank go in reverse.

Strange... Anyone else have this happen to them? Everything else seems to be fine, and even subsequent turns the AI didn't mess with that tanks movement orders. Just that one, bizarre occurrence. And yes, I'm SURE they were ALL "fast" moves when I plotted them.

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

Originally posted by BeWary:

Ok, so I'm using v1.12, and last night I plotted a Fast move for one of my Cromwell IV's. It had about 13 different waypoints to it, and they were all "fast". Well, the next order's phase after that turn, I see the AI had changed the last 9 or 10 moves into "reverse" moves. The funny thing is, it didn't move the waypoints even a little bit or add any new waypoints. It simply decided to make my tank go in reverse.

Strange... Anyone else have this happen to them? Everything else seems to be fine, and even subsequent turns the AI didn't mess with that tanks movement orders. Just that one, bizarre occurrence. And yes, I'm SURE they were ALL "fast" moves when I plotted them.

BeWary

I have seen this as well

It is very rare but Fast move way points do sometime get changed to reverse.

It is a little disconcerting.

Anyone else seen it.

I play mostly the Allies so I have only seen it with allied tanks.

-tom w

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I have seen this as well

It is very rare but Fast move way points do sometime get changed to reverse.

It is a little disconcerting.

Anyone else seen it.

I play mostly the Allies so I have only seen it with allied tanks.

-tom w

Yes I've run across this. Weird bug.

Haven't seen it yet with 1.1 though.

regards,

--Rett

Guest Mirage2k

I've only seen it happen when I plot long strings of movement orders. I've always chalked it up to the TacAI having trouble maneuvering around obstacles.

-Andrew

------------------

"No, it's not that kind of relationship. We're just friends. We are together all the time, but I never touch her porcelain skin, her soft, red lips, like rose petals from the emperor's bathwater! Bathwater, I tell you, bathwateeeeeeer!"

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Are you sure you guys didn't plot a waypoint across impassable terrain, like perhaps cutting too close to a bocage or a tree lined road? I know the AI will replot your moves if anywhere along that run it encounters impassable terrain.

My example was across some dirt roads, and clear terrain. The hunt commands were placed as the sherman was about to poke out into a spot where the trees or hills were no longer screening it off. Without a doubt, there was no water, marsh, rough, rubble, you name it within quite a ways. There were trees to the tanks immediate left, but I had plenty of room that way. I remember because I plotted those little hunt commands carefully on an angle up to the breaks in the tree lines, and then angled back to the next patch of tress being carefull about where I had the tank go to, (didn't want to get popped moving between tree clumps). On the next turn when I noticed they were all changed I changed them back, and nothing else strange happened.

I've seen where if you make the plot across something impassable it makes dozens of little corrections. This was a differnet thing.