CM image "sharing" continues in DOD Half Life Mod...

It's a strange world over there....

I was just browsing their forums...Quite a group of "people?"

Their admin for one calls everyone nasty names and such and then answers questions incorrectly...

Someone asked if on D-Day ropes were used to scale cliff a la Pont Du Hoc and the moderator was like, "emm no..." So I set him straight...

And on top of that...I found the pic I posted here!

I don't have a problem with it, I'm not the one who spent the time making the original textures / graphics, but I just wondered what the official policy was on that...

There are textures I think would look nice on a website (grass, etc), but I don't use them as backgrounds even though I own the game.

Yeah the people who made the mod must have spent a lot of time making it, but really...they could make 3d models of WW2 equip, but couldn't come up with a concrete texture? gimme a break!

In conclusion...it was just a quick check to see what the official response was

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by medlinke:

It's a strange world over there....

I was just browsing their forums...Quite a group of "people?"

Their admin for one calls everyone nasty names and such and then answers questions incorrectly...

Someone asked if on D-Day ropes were used to scale cliff a la Pont Du Hoc and the moderator was like, "emm no..." So I set him straight...

And on top of that...I found the pic I posted here!

I don't have a problem with it, I'm not the one who spent the time making the original textures / graphics, but I just wondered what the official policy was on that...

There are textures I think would look nice on a website (grass, etc), but I don't use them as backgrounds even though I own the game.

Yeah the people who made the mod must have spent a lot of time making it, but really...they could make 3d models of WW2 equip, but couldn't come up with a concrete texture? gimme a break!

In conclusion...it was just a quick check to see what the official response was<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My assumption was that they were otherwise a class joint. If they're a bunch of losers, than I'm sure BTS doesn't want their name associated with them.

As a side note.

Many of the sound MODs used in our beloved games are straight out of SPR.

Those are copyrighted materials as well.

I've never ever seen anyone raising an eyebrow about that issue and the possible authorization needed to play those MODs in our games.

It's nice to know people are keeping a watchful eye for those occurences and that Charles & Steve are in the loop.

But don't go as far as ignoring what we are doing here that those guys are merely duplicating.

Someone said that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

I guess it's just that...

Proof again of the impact of CM in the gaming world and even outside the wargaming community by the simple fact that their success story is a David Vs Goliath thing.

Have them credit CM and BTS with an URL linking here and those playing DOD might end up in here with a dire need for a more historical approach.

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

I was browsing "their" forum, and stumbled across this post- http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com/forums/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000029.html

Some person wanted a warez copy of our beloved game sent to him, the reason being 'it might get lost in the mail'. HA! A likely excuse. So I explained to him gently why he should not do that. (posted under name AlexBuchner). Some other reason he did not want to pay for it were 'the manual is probably pretty lousy' , and 'it has no box'.

I posted a real "nice" reply to that guy. I'm usually a pretty laid back easy going guy, but for some reason that jackass pissed me off. Maybe it's because for the first time in a long time I'm dealing with a game company that actually cares about there product and their customers. It makes me mad when I see someone trying to hurt this company, no matter how small that hurt may be.

------------------

Craig

"Only a madman would consider the possibility of war between the two states (France and Germany), for which, from our point of view, there is no rational or moral ground." - Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Oct. 14, 1933

Guest Madmatt

I have been..investigating over there.

Basically as long as people give proper credit where its due we have no problems with mods.

We shall see what comes of my *visit*.

Madmatt