The general muissunderstanding in CM

Scipio

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JunoReactor:

Scipio, sorry to break this to you, but if one was to proceed along your line of skepticism those wavelenghts that we associate with color are 'abstractions' too.

In other words, they are nothing but a representation of 'reality,' albeit from a very serious discourse that we as humans started with the scientific revolution - science is a philosophy, a definition of reality; not reality in and for itself.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow, this is starting to get real solipsistic.

You all, this board and everyting are just an imagination, a projection of my mind.

what a trip.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

You all, this board and everyting are just an imagination, a projection of my mind.

what a trip.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that is the case, shouldn't I be able to just wish away the nasty people?

Sophistry, like Catholicism, has a lot going for it, you know.

Hmm almost everytime my tanks attack something and they miss the next shot it closer and when they finally hit the mark they usually always will hit it in subsequent shots.

Case in point.

My hetzer was in a perfect hull down position behind a hill dueling it out with a Jumbo.

After the 3rd shot it found the mark at 750 meters on the turret. No penetration only richochets. And then the next 12 straight shots hit the turret without a single miss. His jumbo kept hitting the crest of the hill and rarely deviated much from a spot on the hill.

This happened almost everytime when it comes to the tanks I have dueled against and my tanks shooting.

Gen

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Sophistry, like Catholicism, has a lot going for it, you know.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spoken like a true connoisseur. It's a pleasure to be in the company of such culture.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Sophistry, like Catholicism, has a lot going for it, you know.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't confuse those things.

solipsism does not imply that you have control over what you are experiencing.

in other words, compare it to a dream. it's just your imagination, but you do not have control over it.

there I am, explaining this to myself (or rather to a figment of my imagination named germanboy).

smile.gif

there I am, explaining this to myself (or rather to a figment of my imagination named germanboy).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you are not - you are a figment of my imagination. Now go away, you bother me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rodimzew:

..., but i propose not to change anything if the game speed will be decreased therefore... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT? Shame on you! Gimme reality or gimme dead ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Really big tank battles might be dreadful if the mentioned reality is implemented.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. Tankbattles can't be simulated realistic if tanks are not modeled realistic. This includes of course the all aspects of gun fire.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And however, there are reasons for a loss of accuracy, because the muzzle velocity of guns depends on air pressure, air temperature, ammunition temperature. Furthermore there are environmental effects as wind and maybe at least the gunners whisky after scoring a kill, which also reduces accuracy ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but nothing of it is modeled. It's even not abstracted.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Scipio ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I disagree. Tankbattles can't be simulated realistic if tanks are not modeled

realistic. This includes of course the all aspects of gun fire.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some aspects should be modeled, right. For me its sufficient as it is...i sometimes have the impression that my gunman is drunk...if its modeled or not ...who cares...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Yes, but nothing of it is modeled. It's even not abstracted.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe that it is not modeled, but what is the difference if you may imagine that it could have been modeled,because your tank gun misses after seven hits.. ;)

and as i understand YOU at least would like if it's modeled ...true ???

:D

what a trip.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. It was merely a reaction to 'CM is an abstraction, death to abstraction' thing.