Anyone know of a new Combat Mission coming out?

We're sorry, BTS went out of business three weeks ago. There will be no CM2 or CMII or any other features. Though CM was an unheralded success, it seems they never had time to program a new game, as they were busy answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Yes there will be, and let me be the first to say do a search (my first time wahoo!) or even read some of the topics that are a little further down the page.

The next installment will be the Eastern Front (Beyond Barbarossa), and will be followed by Burning Sands (the western desert and Italy) and finally a complete rewrite of the game engine (CMII) for Blitzkrieg, the Early Years which will cover the War in Poland and then France. Hope you stick around it should be fun. smile.gif

Guest KwazyDog

Hi Steel,

Release date is currently scheduled for late quarter this year and will cover the Eastern Front for 41 onwards.

Just so you guys know, as far as Im aware we have yet officially decided on when the rewrite will take place (unless Steve posted some comments Im not aware of smile.gif).

Dan

I was just writing what my recollection was, my apologies if it was incorrect. No misdirection meant (except fot the names which are my current favorites and therefor a complete fabrication...)

Guest KwazyDog

Steel, try doing a search on the forum using the button up the top left corner and search on 'CM2' or 'Combat Mission 2', and you should find some further info smile.gif

Kmead, no worries at all, I just thought I should let you guys knew hadnt yet tied down the official plan at this point wink.gif

Dan

Guest Madmatt

And place don't harras the newcomers by saying stuff like we went out of business or that we cancled the game. I know it was meant as a joke but people that are not familiar with others posting styles often do not realize this. In this case the original poster thought in fact Big Time Software HAD gone out of business and thats simply not true nor the type of rumor we want to begin.

CM2 is currently being worked on very feverishly and Big Time Software is doing very well thank you.

Now time to lock this one up and get back to work.

Madmatt