Blind Panther gunner detected

I stumbled across the worst gunner ever. In a TCP/IP game I sneaked a Panther behind the enemy lines.

The first shot shows the Panther coming around the house, and the Sherm commander yelling "Steve, what about about our rear armour?? Can it be penetrated by high velocity 75mm????"

View?u=1675348&a=12848838&p=49141560

The next shot shows the Sherm firing AFTER the Panther MISSED! The distance is, well, you see it yourself...

View?u=1675348&a=12848838&p=49141559

Now the Panther manages TO HIT THE TRACK of the SHERM!

It must have been really hard to hit THAT part of the tank. Perhaps the gunner thought "Hey, everyone can hit the damn turret from that distance, I'll try something else..."

View?u=1675348&a=12848838&p=49141557

Next shot the Sherm again scores a hit, but hey, that's why we buy those kitties...

Interesting fact: the Panther MISSES AGAIN!!!

Perhaps something like "Hm, my long 75mm against the rear armour of the Ronson, that's gamey..."

View?u=1675348&a=12848838&p=49141555

After hitting the gunner several times on the head with a dead hamster, the gunner finally achieves what he should've done with the first shot...

Bravo!

View?u=1675348&a=12848838&p=49141554

BTW the gunner has been transferred to another unit. He is now clearing minefields...

ROFLMAO.

> Interesting fact: the Panther MISSES

> AGAIN!!!

Speaking of memoirs veritability.

Your Pic.3 is marked 11:16, Pic.4 11:21 and Pic.5 11:26. Given that Pz-V main gun is not shooting bursts, I can hardly believe that it managed to squeeze a miss between Pic.3 and Pic.5.

Very nice comix, otherwise.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> After hitting the gunner several times on the head with a dead hamster, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always use a live hamster. I found it works better then the dead ones.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skipper:

Your Pic.3 is marked 11:16, Pic.4 11:21 and Pic.5 11:26. Given that Pz-V main gun is not shooting bursts, I can hardly believe that it managed to squeeze a miss between Pic.3 and Pic.5.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pic.3 doesn't exactly show the moment of fire. The Panther actually fired at 11.14, next shot was at 11.20, and the last at 11.26.

Panther crew was VETEREAN (even worse...).

So he fired the second shot after 6 seconds, and the third after another 6.

No problem vor a vet Panther

Trying to pull a backdoor maneuvre such as this with German armour is a very bad idea, because tanks have a habit of spotting something off in the distance, rotating the turret to 4 or 8 o'clock, and arriving behind the Allied tank which spins round and plugs it while the German crew desperately tries to bring their gun to bear. Unfortunately you can't tell crews in CM exactly what you want them to kill (ie. the Sherman behind the house I'm sending you up to), so they won't always be ready to pull such tricky maneuvres.

On the face of it it seems gamey, but I think the 'gamey' spirit actually emerges from real warfare and a desire to tip the balance using initiative. Of course, if any of my opponents attempt this, they are not employing intiative, they are simply being foolhardy and jeapordising the lives of their troops in an ignorant and tactically inept fashion.

Actually I didn't know that a Sherman was waiting behind that house. I got some sound contact but didn't know for sure.

Under normal circumstances I'm the last to rush my german armor into close combat with allied tanks.

And at this time my opponent was already annihilated...

You saw the smoking wrecks in the distance?

:D