Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Music for CMBB...

Dmitri Shostakovich the renowned Russian composer served in the fire service throughout the siege of Leningrad and during this period composed his 7th symphony, which has come to be known as The Leningrad Symphony.

Stalin's reaction on hearing it was to complain rather grumpily, that there was only one good tune in it - and that Shostakovich had given it to the Germans.

WHAT A TUNE THOUGH! It is easily as catchy as the scores from such films as The Great Escape and the Dambusters and I would like to nominate it as the music that accompanies the opening film sequence to CMBB.

I would strongly contend that this particular melody, which has historic links with the period covered by CMBB, would be the icing on the cake and that if you are planning a Russian language version of the game, it would do your sales no harm at all ;)

Fieldmarshall is right. They have some of the best military marches out there. You can download a few from MadMatt's website. I found a WWII era recording of Der Koniggratzer on Napster before they put the clamps on file sharing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kburns24:

Fieldmarshall is right. They have some of the best military marches out there. You can download a few from MadMatt's website. I found a WWII era recording of Der Koniggratzer on Napster before they put the clamps on file sharing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it is an operatic work you should still be able to download as you can hardly pay Bethovan et al royalties

Yesterday I heard interesting news from the Finnish news agency. Just recently a new music text has been found from the estate of deceased Dmitri Shostakovich (1906-1975). Stalin himself had ordered this text and it was intented to get played in the Red Army's victory parade in Helsinki after the Winter War. Shostakovich hadn't dared to refuse from the job. Fortunately, for the reasons well known, the text never got it's intented premiere. But finally this summer it will get one in some Finnish music festival.

Some people really have a great sense for irony. I bet that the concert will be a great success in Finland smile.gif

Ari