How to use Archer

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Francesco:

Hi!

How to use Archer, which are the best emploiments , which the best strategies, which the best forces to use it with, wich the difects and good things, which the real quality of this vehicle?

Thanks for all the replies!

Bye!

Francesco<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, here is how I use the Archer:

1. I drive it around using Reverse so the gun is always pointed forward.

2. I sit in tight firing lanes where it can hardly be seen at all.

3. I use it to ambush but never to hunt.

I can't speak to the quality of the armor. I've destroyed some Axis armor with it, but its not meant to duel with tanks.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

In real life the Archer was used for screening and stayed in service for a number of years after World War Two. No need to drive in reverse all the time, just make sure it never charges around like a Hellcat. Back it into good hull-down firing positions on the flank and then use it to shoot and scoot.

Hi Hiram!

Driving it reversed isn't taking less velocity than it could if it runs froward?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have't measured velocity when driving my Archer around. I'm just glad the thing comes with a cup holder for my Eagles mug.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Francesco,

The Archer sports the 17 pounder, that should tell you all you need to know about its firepower. But if you still have to ask, it is a very powerful gun. Enough to tackle any German tank, especially when the loader chambers a tungsten round. Without question the best widely-fielded AT gun used by the Western allies.

Hi Hiram!

Driving it reversed isn't taking less velocity than it could if it runs froward?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

El conducir en revés es un cerdo. Muy lento. También conseguirá pegado en el fango más fácil. El Archer sin embargo es cortocircuito, fácil ocultar, tiene un gran arma, y su armadura no es ese malo.

A propósito, apesadumbrado por mi español que es tan malo. No practico bastantes, y tengo que utilizar un diccionario cuando estoy pulsando.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

El conducir en revés es un cerdo. Muy lento. También conseguirá pegado en el fango más fácil. El Archer sin embargo es cortocircuito, fácil ocultar, tiene un gran arma, y su armadura no es ese malo.

A propósito, apesadumbrado por mi español que es tan malo. No practico bastantes, y tengo que utilizar un diccionario cuando estoy pulsando.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, Slap, could you write that in English? wink.gif

Ariel

p.s.: If you want a good laugh, check my first posts in the Forum... I massacred English languaga even more happily than now smile.gif

Are languaga more of those big South American rodents. Nutria with really long tongues, perhaps. Whatever the case, massacring them is clearly a violation of the Second Utrecht Convention on Treatment of Rodents and Marsupials in Time of War. Expect a call from the nice men in The Hague shortly.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by argie:

Please, Slap, could you write that in English? wink.gif

Ariel

p.s.: If you want a good laugh, check my first posts in the Forum... I massacred English languaga even more happily than now smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell Argie, half those words are probably Portuguese or French. My languages are so screwed up I sat their dumb when a Honduran gentlman asked me directions in Florida this Christmas. My brain went blank, and even though I understood him, I was completely lost. I think I have a brain capacity for 1.5 languages, so I keep loosing something.

By the way, a Languaga I think preys on Nutria.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Are languaga more of those big South American rodents. Nutria with really long tongues, perhaps. Whatever the case, massacring them is clearly a violation of the Second Utrecht Convention on Treatment of Rodents and Marsupials in Time of War. Expect a call from the nice men in The Hague shortly.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You rodent's obsessed people. The languaga isn't a mammal!!! The English variety of languaga, found in the Isla de los Estados (just in fron of Tierra del Fuego) was called that way by Darwin when passed with the Beagle... Is a kind of reptil. Is not easy to see as in that latitude the average temperature is about -10 degrees Celssius, so, the little reptil stays frozed almost all the year, but the heat season (the languaga heat season). This season lasts only 15 minutes and varies in the time of the day from specie to specie of languaga... The English languaga have this season once a year, at 5 o'clock in February 15... They runs frantically for some other languaga, preferably from other gender, during 15 minutes, after which they are frozen again...

Those frantic 15' endangered the virginity of other species also. (There is some legend about some pages of the Beagle's log which were lost on purpose to preserve the dignity of some unfortunate tripulant, who later lost it when become an important member of the Parliament).

In short, the English languaga is a very dangerous specie that deserves extermination!!! The nice people in The Hague knows that.

Greenpeace members massacred an entire colony of languaga after one of his Antarctica tour to stop whales massacre!! To make a long story short, they had some languaga in the Rainbow Warrior. When they navigates to more warm waters, the languaga metabolism becomes crazy... The poor people in the Rainbow Warrior exterminates all the languagas, but only after to have some people badly injured... All this episode was keep in secret, but for the people in the first port they reach, Bahía Blanca...

From then, even Greenpeace didn't care about languaga.

Now, this long post in English language must have enough mistakes to make all of you happy wink.gif

Ariel

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Hell Argie, half those words are probably Portuguese or French. My languages are so screwed up I sat their dumb when a Honduran gentlman asked me directions in Florida this Christmas. My brain went blank, and even though I understood him, I was completely lost. I think I have a brain capacity for 1.5 languages, so I keep loosing something.

By the way, a Languaga I think preys on Nutria.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the words are in Spanish. Is the order of it that make it weird smile.gif

BTW, the languaga is vegetarian.

Ariel

Hei!

You boys excanged me for a Spanish????

I'm Italian!!

About Archer: is this vehicle (because its open top) very easy to take out by infantry or not (well my question is: are the open-topped vehicles very vulnerable agains infantry????)

Bye!

Francesco

------------------

Veni Vidi Vici

Hei!

You boys excanged me for a Spanish????

I'm Italian!!

About Archer: is this vehicle (because its open top) very easy to take out by infantry or not (well my question is: are the open-topped vehicles very vulnerable agains infantry????)

Bye!

Francesco

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck no, I was talking to Argie. But my Italian is pretty good:

Linguini olive oil di roma parmasean droppa li rifle il runno awayo.

How is that?

Francesco,

Yes, open topped vehicles are more vulnerable to infantry attacks. MGs are particularly dangerous to them, as well as mortar fire. Infantry close assualts will take out an open topped vehicle pronto. If at all possible, always avoid using an open vehicle as you would a tank. Avoidance of long open lanes of fire/sight, movement, and range are the key to using these vehicles.

The Archer is a beautiful weapon, because it can knock out just about anything the Germans have. But it is easy to knock out in return. The trick to using it effectively is "keyhole" sighting.

By that I mean, you want to peep out of some small gap between or around blocking terrain, so that only a small portion of the enemy-held area can "see and be seen". Then you out-shoot whatever is in that little area, after which you move and find another spot to peep from.

If you put them behind woods, ridges, or buildings you can often get this effect by picking the angle, how far you are behind the obstacle, which side you peek out behind, and the like. It also helps enourmously to have men on the ground in (or in front of) the obstacle, hiding, with their full field of view forward to "tell you" about potential targets.

Incidentally, this is a useful tactic for all tank destroyers, all sides. But it is especially useful for the types with big guns but limited armor (Nashorn, Jackson, etc).