Panther woes again

Ok, was going to continue to chalk this up as bad luck, but it happened again. My Panther G's (late) seem to be getting absolutely "tore-up" by 76mm Shermans at ranges significantly greater than 500m. They are also getting popped frontally (not infrequently) by 57mm's. Played a game as the US tonight and took out 2 Panthers G's(late) with a 57mm AT gun...frontally at over 350m. Just a quick question before I return to playing this addictive game: Is my "Panther dilemma" historically accurate? Im leaning toward no from all the research I have done in the past.

Yep, I actually made a comment in thread...at which point I was continuing to chalk it up as bad luck on my part. Guess Ill continue to replace my Panther force with tigers...as I cant justify the slightly higher Panther cost...esp. when I lose them to 57mm's at 500m. Anyway, sorry about starting a new thread on this...just thought I would try to bring up a less technical but more historical argument/example. Thanks for the quick reply.