My first & only suggestion for CM2

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I never heard anyone say anything.

Anyways I was talking with a college buddy tonight at school,(whats up CJ,Dad,Josh & Aron) who also plays CM, and I suggested that 2 seperate players be able to play as the same side. I even thought why not just make each color of the set-up, determine the seperate person units. This way we could have up to six people playing the same scenario.

I thought this would be good for new people to CM. My dad just ordered the game, and I sure when he gets it, I will kick his butt several times before he gets the hang of it. If this option that I mentioned was available, I could simply have my Dad play on the same side as I am, and get used to how things work.

My buddy Josh has had the game for a while and just last week I showed him that there is a zoom. He had no idea,and neither did a friend of his, now he thinks CM is even better, if we were to have played on the same side there is a good chance I would have told him to zoom in on a cluster of woods or a building, before now. Ya I know it is in the hot keys, but some people don't bother with viewing the hot keys. Not me, I studied all the controls the day I downloaded the demo. (Sorry Josh your good at school, I kill you at CM, I thinks it a fair trade HE HE).

So personally I think it is a great idea and all my friends and Dad agree. (Dad just downloaded the demo night before last).

I am not sure if it is possible & it might be to late to make it into CM2, but I still think it is a good idea.

Shatter:

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I never heard anyone say anything.

Yup, quite many times. I seem to remember that Steve once said that it was a nice idea but not possible before the engine rewrite.

- Tommi

Hi guys!

I have done this before but only as hotseat. What I do is have 500 points per person and I usually am US my friend who plays allies is British and the two german players each get different tank types/crew experience levels so that they can be told apart. It works pretty well, but it can only be done if you have 3-4 people over.

Panther G

I read a while back that BTS said that the Marines and Army were very interested in having same side QBs. (Germans vs. Germans, that sort of thing.) BTS also said that they were seriously considering having it in CM2. Has anyone heard anything regarding this?

smile.gif