An Army of One [from the pages of The Onion]

'Army Of One' Campaign Attracting Troubled Loners To Military

WASHINGTON, DC--The Army's new "Army Of One" campaign is attracting millions of troubled loners, recruitment officials said Monday. "Historically, Army enlistees are creepy, antisocial drifters," said Sgt. Glenn Decinces of the Army's Recruitment Office. "After years of trying to attract stable, achievement-oriented young patriots with the slogan 'Be All You Can Be,' we finally gave up and decided to consciously go after the freakos we've always drawn."

wink.gif

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Guest MantaRay

I thought I was the only one that was appauled by this stupid new marketing campaign. Can't wait till the first recruit tells the drill sgt that he is an "Army of one."

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

The Red Army Mirror

Army Times just ran an article about how much serving soldiers hate the new solgan but also that it is a big hit with the playstation generation. The jokes don't stop coming. People are joking about not switching to the beret because in "my Army of One I still wear the patrol cap."

One thing that really caught my eye was the reaction of one potential recruit who thought the first commercial was too physical and didn't have enough emphasis on technology. I'd like to take that kid on a road march.