Why Don't Threads Update?

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but the threads on the board often do not show all the responses for some strange reason in my browser.

For instance, yesterday, I posted to a couple of threads. Today when I look at the bbs, the main page shows that the number of postings to the thread has gone up, but when I look at the thread, only the posts that were there yesterday show up.

To head off possible answers: Yes I counted. 4 yesterday afternoon and 18 are supposed to be there today. Yes I searched. Even Jason and the Searchonauts turned up nothing. Yes I use refresh. I even quit the browser and started over, plus the machine had been shut down over night.

Have I gotten a poison cookie or something? Anyone know a work araound that forces the entire site to be updates and not show just the old crap?

Hit the reload or refresh button on your browser, this usually works.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

I´m having the same problem!

I changed ISP a few weeks ago and thought that had something to do with it but I checked and they don't have any proxy or cache. I've tried clearing the cache in my browser but the problem persists.

Could the Battlefront.com webserver possibly have a cache so that the UBB script won't have to execute everytime a thread is requested? In that case perhaps the time-to-live of the pages should be lowered?

------------------

SS-Weihnachtsgrenadiere

Also been having the same problem for months. Even deleting history, temp files and cookies and restarting the computer didn't seem to work.

However, Cannuck,

Thanks for the tip, "shift refresh" seems to solve the problem.

Regards,

Peter