Same Allied Tank worth different points at different times?

Is this news or am I just a Dolt?

(Ok I can be a Dolt I can deal with that smile.gif )

I just determined that a Veteran Allied M18 Hellcat is worth different points at different months of availability.

hence:

nov 1944 vet m18 hellecat cost 135 points

may 1945 vet m18 hellcat cost 141 points

So My guess (in the absence of any real evidence to the contrary) is the that late May 1945 M18 is worth 6 more points than the earlier nov 1944 m18 due to increased availability of Tungsten ammunintion.

any other ideas?

Is the M18 in Nov '44 the SAME tank as the M18 in May '45? I think it is but I have not taken the time to confirm the exact stats?

Anyone notice this descrepency with any other tanks? Allied are Axis?

Just curious?

Thanks

-tom w

This probably does have something to do with the availiblity of tungsten ammuntion at different stages of the war. That's the only reason I can think of. Check the firefly. It probably costs more later in the war, because it had no HE ammo in the beginning. Not sure about it though.

------------------

If the words "f**k" and "frontal" were removed from the vocabulary, the Canadian Army would be left both speechless, and unable to attack...

-Michael Dorosh

shadow@jagdtiger.de

Canada For CM

I AM CANADIAN!

[This message has been edited by Shadow 1st Hussars (edited 02-25-2001).]

Guest hal9000

I think so, though I don't have any figures to prove it right now. I just started a 6/44 game and Shermans are much more expensive than I remember them to be regularly.