Enemy at the Gates Scenario

So I saw the movie and thought, "You know. I could make a tiny map in CM complete with rubble galore, uneven terrain, and buildings (some on fire). Ill toss in some elite snipers on both sides, a few regular snipers on both sides, and small flags at either end of my tiny, narrow map.

Well, two things happened. One, the snipers would fire even when the enemy sniper was in LOS and under 100m (or so) and two, when out of desperation I ran my sniper onto the German sniper, the two sat on top of each other, kneeling for the rest of the game. No one fired or swung a punch at the other.

Hmmmm....I know sharpshooters don't want to shoot if it is going to reveal their positions, but... (I know this would most likely cause a major effort in the code to get a sharpshooter to shoot another sharpshooter at close range).

But I still don't get it why the enemy snipers sat on top of each other and did nothing.

TeAcH

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 03-17-2001).]

What happened was that they met up, had some vodka and cigarettes, talked about their families, abandoned their plans to kill each other, grew their hair long, wore blue dressing gowns, renamed themselves to Sunshine and Petal and set up a commune in Beatnik, California.

Peace and love man biggrin.gif

------------------

"Woof!Woof!"

That's my other dog impression.

Originally posted by Soddball:

What happened was that they met up, had some vodka and cigarettes, talked about their families, abandoned their plans to kill each other, grew their hair long, wore blue dressing gowns, renamed themselves to Sunshine and Petal and set up a commune in Beatnik, California.

Peace and love man biggrin.gif

Well and good, but why isn't any of this simulated in CM?