Humble suggestion for CMHQ

I cowered after initially posting this idea (a response to oddball's "I miss the Combat HQ Site"), but it got a little encouraging feedback, so I thought I'd move it on....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Here's an idea for Matt (and probably a really bad idea from his perspective), but I'm throwin it out anyway:

How bout an occasional "update" (maybe just a few a week) on CM2. I know, Matt, I know, BAD idea. It could be called the "What's Going on in the CM2 Foundry" update. You know, something like "The past few days, we've been working code for the blah blah blah, dressing up the blah blah", or whatever. Something like that would certainly keep CMHQ fresh, provide LOTS of discussion material for the forums, and generate tons of irritating questions, complaints, arguments, etc. (which Matt, of course, could simply ignore). Am I out of line here? Opinions? I'm taking cover under my desk now.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you all think it's worth anything, maybe we can (gently) "push" it a bit.... ;)

Guest Babra

Well, of course, we would all LOVE updates on the status of CM2. But it's never a good idea to keep the competition apprised of your progress.

Posted by Babra:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Well, of course, we would all LOVE updates on the status of CM2. But it's never a good idea to keep the competition apprised of your progress. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should've "clarified" the idea a bit more, and it's not a big deal, really.

There was a bit of discussion on the status of the CMHQ site (i.e., "freshness"), and I just thought a lot of people here would be interested in...well, see, I don't know what I thought it would be.

I guess the concept was sort of a CMHQ/Madmatt "journal" of CM2 in progress. I'm assuming a lot of people here would be interested in the various goings-on of the process.

Of course, industry secrets etc. shouldn't be included.

Admittedly, it was vague. I don't know exactly what it would include. To develop it would've obviously required some creativity from Matt, and God knows we don't want to distract him from his CMBTB duties!

Just an idea to bring some pep back to CMHQ, and, of course, give us insatiable forumphiles some grist and titillation!

Mr. Arriliac,

I think you are absolutely correct in assuming that a lot of people would be interested reading news about the progress of CM2. And, yes Babs, some of those people would be from "enemy" camps. So, just like the first time around, don't expect too much in the way of updates.

On a bright note, however, I am confident that Matt will be bringing CMHQ back to its rightful place among one of the best CM sites. In the meantime, I am sure he is quite busy working on things that will make us all very happy in the long run. :cool:

Hi,

I agree with Jack; would be nice to see at least some reference to CM2, somewhere, anywhere, but where better than CMHQ?

I don't think Jack is asking for specifics, stuff that might "guide" the opposition, just maybe a brief outline as to how things are going, from time to time. I can appreciate that all those involved are extremely busy but surely no more so than when CMBO was being developed, and there was plenty of news bouncing around then!

It does seem rather curious that there is still no official mention of CM2 being under development on the BTS site; only those who follow the forum would be aware of it and even then offerings have been sparse.

It seems a shame that the only really concrete news has been via a "third-party" interview.

Come on guys, throw us the odd bone smile.gif