Avalon Hill's Tactics II

Anyone remember that old classic?

I'm nearing completion of a CM operation that uses that classic mapboard. For the units I've reduced the divisions to sections and platoons.

for example the six armor divisions

1 section of hvy tanks

3 sections of medium tanks

2 sections of CST, TD or Assault guns

etc

Guest Space Thing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hans:

Anyone remember that old classic?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fondly remember AH's Tactics II. Aaaah, those were the days....

Will you make the scenario available here on the boards?

Talk about a beer and pretzels game! Me and my dad used to play it a lot when I was a kid. My mom bought it for $.50 at Goodwill. And, yes it was complete!!!!! What a game.........;)

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

I did a tactics2 map a while back. I used an infantry battalion and two armored sections for each side. I also used jabos to simulate "death from above" nuclears. The final game is HUGE! I wouldn't attempt it without a G4 or some kind of supercomputer. I'll forward it to you if you like for comparison.

P.S. I still haven't played it with anyone, so if anyone is interested (and has a supercomputer at home) I'm up for it.

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)

[This message has been edited by Jadayne (edited 01-21-2001).]

Hey send it on and yes the game IS huge

with just plt = division it gets up to over 11,000 points (ran out of space so most of the Infantry is walking instead of motorised)

Email

Wayne100@emirates.net.ae

Send me yours and I'll send you mine--considering I've been working on the map for two weeks---if yours is better I will just have to kill you!