Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Bad Luck

Could someone explain me how can a Jackson get a "Front Upper Hull Hit Ricochet" when its prey is a humble regular StuH42 at just 88 m and the Jacson is firing an AP shell?????? :mad:

Why doesn't it happen to me when I play the Germans? :(

BTW my Jackson was knocked out by the STUH42 a few seconds later :(

View?u=108434&a=793361&p=46769130&Sequence=0&res=high

Bad luck for sure F smile.gif

My guess is that you fell victim to the little "c" in the upper hull 80/10c armour. Parts of the armour is sloped quite radically (as much as 45-50 degrees) despite the generally blockish appearance.

I don't know to what extent CM models varying armour thickness in the front but if the only number calculated in this example is the 80 mm you will have real trouble penetrating the sloped surfaces.

M.

Guest ckoharik

Hehe...sucked to be that Jackson. If it is any comfort I've had very similar events take place, usually to my detriment. However, just a couple days ago, while playing an ME against the AI on my PC in IT one of my TDs got blindsided by a PZIV near a VP that bounced an AP off the FUH from less than 100M away. Boy, it had me going for a few moments as the Panzer lined up the shot. Thankfully, my TD was able to return fire and knocked it out.

(Sorry, couldn't resist the excessive use of acronyms. :D Every time I do I can't help but think of the movie "Good Morning, Vietnam!")

Yes, you are right indeed. It seems I'd blame that damn "c" for my bad luck. I didn't notice it :( I was starting to think the StuH42 was a sort of unknown überpanzer smile.gif Thanks for your answers.

Another question that I think is more difficult to answer than the previous one: Why this kind of good luck does always happen to my opponents? :(

I'm starting to think there's a dangerous "Fernando's bad luck" bug hidden in the game. Hope BTS will solve it in a future patch :D