Preview-Feldgrau Heer & Waffen SS uniform mod

The Andrew Fox CMBO uniform sweatshop is just cranking them out! Here are some preview shots of my latest, a Feldgrau uniform set for both SS and Heer. The uniforms are identical save the insignia. I need to tweak the color a bit more, then I'll send to Manx and Tom. I'm also working on a Waffen SS 44 dot uniform, but it looks kinda crappy so I might release it if I can get it up to my usual standards.

The Waffen SS set does have Feldgrau trousers, BTW. Just wanted to see what they looked like with the camo, now that I can mix 'n' match.

grey1

grey2

grey3

[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

...speaking of tom...

...he unveiled some genuinely tastey work(Sdkfz7 - mike8g, barbed wire - ?, mine posts - tiger, grass - tom), some of which he noted would be available within "a few days" time - that was last week. no sign thus far of said treats...

...tsk, tsk, tom - in the future, please don't tease the monkey(s), it's oh so impolite...

[ 06-30-2001: Message edited by: Peter Panzer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Panzer:

...tsk, tsk, tom - in the future, please don't tease the monkey(ies), it's oh so impolite...

[ 06-30-2001: Message edited by: Peter Panzer ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Ok, so it's impolite to tease the monkeys--but it's fun! :D

Hi Peter Panzer ,

sorry for the delay , I am still waiting for the SdKfz Mod ...... all other mods should be online till Sunday ( lot´s of stuff..more than announced last week ).

Cheers

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Panzer:

...speaking of tom...

...he unveiled some genuinely tastey work(Sdkfz7 - mike8g, barbed wire - ?, mine posts - tiger, grass - tom), some of which he noted would be available within "a few days" time - that was last week. no sign thus far of said treats...

...tsk, tsk, tom - in the future, please don't tease the monkey(s), it's oh so impolite...

[ 06-30-2001: Message edited by: Peter Panzer ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Commissar:

The Waffen-SS national eagle should only appear on the left sleeve. I am presuming this can't be avoided since CM's mirror imaging.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's a limitation of CM, as the Waffen SS model was never intended to have sleeve insignia. Otherwise I tried to get everything pretty accurate.

smile.gif

tom:

...thanks for the attentive ear.

...it is quite a relief to see folks continuing to create/support mods for elements of the game, which may be considered inconsequential by most...the wire, mine posts and "field path" samples are fresh air...i'll be sure to keep an eye on your site...

thanks, please keep it up.

AndrewTF, your uniform mods are great. Keep it up with the Feldgrau set. I usually don't prefer the Feldgrau but these look great to throw on the troops once in a while.

Commissar, there's no Hi-res German fieldguns mod. The last attempt was one by Tiger. The last version he had is over at Tom's website AFAIK. The problem I believe when you do the German guns is that several bitmaps are used by various vehicles. The 37mm gun will be seen mounted on the SdKfz7 AA vehicles. If you use the current hi-res SdKfz7 with Tiger's German guns mod it will look kind of awkward.

I have a question about all these cool mods. Has Steve asked any of

the mod designers if he could use any of their mods in CM2? I mean,

with all these great highly detailed and historically accurate

graphics mods for various vehicles and troops types lying around, why

not use some of them in CM2 as the default?

I suppose one problem might be that some of these mods are higher res

textures than what CM2 will use as standard and so the mods wouldn't

really fit the proper look for the rest of the graphics in the game.

Some of the mods I have seen look so good, though, that's it seems

a shame to not just build them right into CM2. smile.gif

Gentleman ,

those Feldgrau uniforms are a blast ! You can get them as part of Andrews " Action Pack Vol.1 - German Uniforms " ( ca. 4 MB ) from my website in ..mhhhhh.... I guess 45 minutes.

Cheers

Tom

Hey Andrew TF. Is there a way I can use the grey uniforms for only the Heer units? In other words I want the SS units to keep the camo that you show but I want the Heer units to be grey like above. Like is there separate BMP's for Heer vs BMP's for SS troops? I really would like to do this if possible but don't know if it is. Hoping you would know? :confused:

Hi Andrew,

I LOVE the pack. Thanks much for your hard work.

For the grey uniform, you have 5029.bmp as the side torso. However, in my system it's actually 5019.bmp that defines the side torso. did you named it incorrectly? or do I have a problem with my bitmap directory?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by highlife:

There are separate bmps for Heer and SS except for the helmet 5015. 5019 is the side bmp for the Heer uniform. You can copy 5029 and rename it 5019 for the missing file in the mod download.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeppers. that's what I did. For someone with less experience, they may not have known this.