Version 1.1 _ 1.05 Backgrade Question

Okay, gritting me teeth. Anyone know for sure if all that a feller need to do to rid Version 1.1 and return to version 1.05 is to delete the tcp/ip stuff and the CM.exe file ofcourse, and just replaced it with the version 1.05 file? I presume so, but...

Second question, for the multitude now running 1.1 and 1.05. Can you PBEM between the versions? Will a game started in 1.05, be finished in 1.1, and or can one feller use 1.1 and another use 1.05? Help Cecil help!

Third question, can you keep V1.05, and V1.1 in two separate shortcuts and use either to accomadate different players since there are and will now be those using both versions. (I'm being nice and not saying why).

Oh, and let me add. Will ya please put V1.05 back on the download board so that folks can sort through this, or until folks sort through this, for those who didn't hang onto it and then had it overwritten by the new patch. (I'm still being nice now...) smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 01-10-2001).]

I also desperately need help on this I have about 10 PBEM games going and need to have them going on the new version since I just upgraded how will they work?

Right now when I try to start a game it say your opponent must upgrade. I assumed that PBEM's from the old version would be transferable?

Johnno

Just rename the current 1.1 .exe to CM11.exe or whatever you want. Then download 1.05 and rename it also. You could have every version in the folder to run if you wanted.

------------------

Jason

Combat Mission Canadian HQ

cmhq.tzo.com/canada

Maybe I missed something, but I went to the BTS download area and V1.05 has been removed? Either I missed it, or somebody's mighty confident over there... smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 01-10-2001).]