how do you save a load...

When the menu screen comes up select the Play option. When that screen comes up the top, and differently colored games listed are your saved games. Select the game you want, hit play and sit back and get beat up on. Well, the last part happens when I hit play.

It might be a really good idea to give your game a distinct name when you save it, that way you can easily find it in the menu of available games. I usually try to pick the first word to start off with the letter 'A' so it will be at the top of the list. I also give a name and number to each turn so if I want to go back over the progress of the game I can call up each turn and view it.

Michael

There's also a very good chance that you're playing off of the CDROM and not an installation on the hard drive. Make sure any shortcut/alias you have is pointing to CombatMission on the hard drive and not the CD (assuming that you've performed a "Full Install" already).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

There's also a very good chance that you're playing off of the CDROM and not an installation on the hard drive. Make sure any shortcut/alias you have is pointing to CombatMission on the hard drive and not the CD (assuming that you've performed a "Full Install" already).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Schrullenhaft actually maybe on to something there. With all the other trouble Sgt. Biggs is having, it maybe possible that he never actually installed the game.

Sgt. Biggs, did you click on Setup.exe on the CD when you first went to it? If not then there's your problem. It sounds like your trying to install mods and scenarios to your CD which isn't gonna work no matter how hard you try.

If you never installed it then you don't have to uninstall it. Even if you did install it you could just reinstall CM over itself.

I don't have the game here at work, but the program should autorun when you instert the disk. If you browse the files on the CD there should be an Install.exe or Install.bat file or something similar. If you just click CMBO.exe then you are running the game off the disk and you are not installing it. If you had trouble trying to create a new folder you may have been trying to do it on the CD, which as Maximus said, you can't.

[ 05-23-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

don't worry, the combat Msn CD (unlike most other game software) dosen't autorun when you put it in the CD drive.

The file you need to double click on is 'setup.exe' which is in the same place as the 'Combat Mission.exe' file on the CD.

btw- this type of post may be better suited to the tech forum smile.gif