Museum trip pics: Pathers, Hetzers, Sturmtigers, etc.

The "Lustmolch" never had a German commander. It is a fake. It was partially "Germanized" from a postwar Swiss "Panzerjäger G13". Most of the Hetzers on display in museums today are G13. Sinsheim does not own a real Hetzer. Most of the equipment like spare wheel and tracks are from the Swiss army and where not used in that way in WWII.

Somewhat related to this topic. Any good armor museums in France? I know there is one in Saumar, but it doesn't appear to have any WWII french vehicles (which I'd liek to see), and its a bit out of the way for me. I'll be going over there this week. Thanks!

Yup, that's an Auburn alright. Supposedly an original (they have a white replica there as well).

Considering the ammount of plane replicas they have there, I wouldn't bet that the red Auburn is an original.. smile.gif

Sascha

Originally posted by bfamily33:

[QB]*** Gordon M - Are you reading this? ***

Take a look at the link Warphead provided: www.jagdtiger.de Go to PAGE 3 under the Tiger for a better view.

See that Tiger Tank in the "hasty camo scheme" (I think that's what you call it). I know you did a Panzer IV in that scheme. Any chance of you trying to apply that camo to a Tiger like in the pic? I just love that camo scheme.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warphead-:

The "Lustmolch" never had a German commander. It is a fake. It was partially "Germanized" from a postwar Swiss "Panzerjäger G13".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that the Hetzer displayed there is a G13. However, I think that there actually WAS a Hetzer nick named Lustmolch by its commander. AFAIR I have seen a war time picture of it some time ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>They give any reason why it's on the trailer? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No idea. The day I visited there were food-stands and stuff all over the parking lot of the museum. Maybe they put it out in the open to attract more visitors to the museum.. :confused:

Sascha