Stupid/gamey defense that works GREAT!

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

IMHO this force would only be useful when playing against the AI.

The biggest problem I see is that your force misses long range AT assets and close assault protection.

Right. You want to position your pupchens so that they are protected from long range AT. Keep them hidden. Put MGs in front of them.

Human who expects this type of force will roll over it. (just infantry and couple of mortars might do.)

It works better for more generic force combination - not for the special one puproselly designed.

Originally posted by Croda:

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun to play too! I bet it's great to be able to hit 'go' every turn without issuing a single order. I'm going to go home and play this and show it to my friends. It's win to be proud of.

Sick little puppy, aren't you...

------------------

"I HATE THIS GAME, YOU AND THIS SCENARIO" -jd

Originally posted by killmore:

This works fine only if you know you expect this type of enemy defense...

If I'm probing, attacking, assaulting I usually carry at least 1 81 mm spotter, and if a bigger map, 2. If you use your proposed defense at night/poor vis, I'm already close assaulting your positions. If during the day I'm smoking (regardless of terrain (even trees)).

I have successfully held off some assualts from the AI (never human) with balanced forces and good terrain, but would be willing to employ your scheme for the hell of it. I'd do it just for the carnage and the sound of all those pupchens going off...

Killmore, you want to PBEM this? I'd love a good game. If you do, I'll get my usual force, something like a British rifle or para company supported by TDs and Priests. I won't buy anything specifically for your force.

------------------

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, Classic threads, and more!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Originally posted by Juardis:

4 Charizards

4 Charmeleons

4 Blastoise

4 Warturtles

Sprinkled liberally with Water and Fire energies

Lots of remove energies, gusts of wind, potions and energy removals

Voila, my winning pokemon deck. No one can touch it, bwhahahahaha <evil laugh>

biggrin.gif

I think this is touching the heart of matter. Maybe they can relate to the nationalities better than some space alien thingy, but for the gamey power gamer or whatever they want to go by, the fact that it's WWII squad level is not the main thing. Some of these folks must look at the subject matter as secondary. They're looking to play the best hand, while not even shuffling the cards. If they even deal from the top is questionable in my mind.