Is there any way to use a custom map for a QB game?

Id like to use a predisgned map but still allow myself and my opponent the ability to purchase our own units for an attack/defend game.

Currently, Id prefer if the map generation in a QB game was done first allowing each player to preview the terrain. Then if the generated map sucked, then you could generate a new one right then (click "generate again") then click GO when you see one you like.

As it stands, you might end up with a lame map and if you are on defense, it doesnt seem logical that the defender would set up fortications in an area that works against them.

Thanks

TeAcH

Yes, you have to have a 3rd person set up the map. Both sides mail the 3rd party their unit selections, and he will put them on the custom map.

Yes, for the 100th time, I am volunteering to be the 3rd party. For some reason, hardly anyone ever takes me up on this, even though I love building custom maps. Email me a description of the map you want, and you and your opponent email me your unit selections.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

If anyone wants to do a QB of a river crossing, I already have a good map set up.

Other custom QB ideas:

-Flags on opposite sides instead of the middle.

-Urban terrain

-Bocage- the current map generator won't use it.

-Play already created maps, but with custom units. For example, play with QB units on Reisburg or Villars-Bocage.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

I'd like to take you up on the river map. Right now I've just started a crossing with me on the defense but after this game I'll take the offense with a new map.

Could you email it to me at

tramos1@optonline.com

Thanks in advance.

You know, if you can trust your opponent not to peak you don't need a 3rd person, after you've saved your choice switch to choosing the other side, save the game and send it to your opponent to pick his troops. That's what I just did and it works fine.

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

If anyone wants to do a QB of a river crossing, I already have a good map set up.

Other custom QB ideas:

-Flags on opposite sides instead of the middle.

-Urban terrain

-Bocage- the current map generator won't use it.

-Play already created maps, but with custom units. For example, play with QB units on Reisburg or Villars-Bocage.

Another idea - why not start forces at one end of the map and put the flags at the far end? Nice way to simulate a withdrawal; have the flags represent, say, a crossing point of a river that must be held safe from the enemy by the withdrawing unit.

I think a fall back defense where both sides start at the same edge of the map is a nice change from the standard meeting engagement - perhaps it should be a QB option, too, in addition to Attack, Defend, and ME.