CMBO Source Code?

Will the developers of combat mission ever release the original source code of the beyond overlord executable to the public? Because I have some ideas about mods, and do need the source code to implement them. How can I contact the developers to ask them about leasing the code, anyone know? I hope someone can help...

...of course, I wouldn't be saddened if, say, after ten years the code was unleashed in the same way that Steel Panthers code was given to various groups. Something we benefitted of in the forms of SPWW2 and SPW@W.

But that didn't happen until SSI had pumped all they could out of the engine and Grigsby had gone elsewhere. Something Charles Moylan won't be doing very soon (I hope).

Does anyone have a link to the developers (Battlefront isnt the developer, is it, just the publisher?). I'm sure if I applied and agreed to a contract they may lease me the engine an in effect the source code. And I'm asking about CMBO because it's about 4 years old, and there isnt much left in this breast to milk (haha - geddit? :D ). CMBB is too new, and they probably wouldnt consider leasing the engine, however considering CMBOs age.

I would like to make some Pacific and Africa mods, updated versions of those cool ones already released.

OK so source code is unlikely to become available short of an SAS raid on BTS Hq. But editing visual appearance has been made possible - encouraged in fact - from the outset. I figure the 3D models are very much part of the visual appearance of the game. No matter how fine mod, the men still have their noses all the way down to the chin and so on. So, does anyone know of any possibility of editing the 3D figures in the game? I would much appreciate any tip.

Yours

Dandelion