MOD and Paint help please

Hi there Slyss,

Paint Shop Pro will do the job and there is a shareware version available.

As far as tips go, here they are:

1) Have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish BEFORE YOU START WORKING. The more precise your idea to begin with, the easier it will be to get the effect you want out of the program.

2) Make lots of mistakes. The more mistakes you make, the better. Trust me on this one.

3) Click on everything in the program at least once, just to see what it does. Read the online help.

4) Be prepared to spend a lot of time with the program. Days, weeks, months if need be.

5) Be as critical of your mod as you can. Ask yourself, "How can I make it better?"

That oughta get you started. Good luck.

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time

Guest KwazyDog

Ill add a couple...

* Save oven, and with ascending numbers, so you can always go back if you make changes you dont like...

* Research as much as possible. A well research model. I think just end up feeling more *right* when you see it trundling along in CM.

wink.gif

Dan

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 01-11-2001).]

and when you are working...make sure you take a lot of breaks.....rest those arms and wrists often( no smart smutty comment need to be made wink.gif.Only saying this because i made that mistake and am now paying for it with pain.....so no new mods from me till i get better frown.gif

Do not be disappointed with your first effort..everybody has to start somewhere.

Dont be afraid to try something new , and try and get a second opinion if you can.

Most important ...have fun and enjoy the modding.

Regards

Måkjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slyss:

I was wondering if someone would suggest for the PC a paint program to make new mods. Any tips would be appreciated as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't imagine working in anything but Adobe Photoshop. But that's just my biased Mac opinion.

-tom w

a good tester is helpful too - find someone willing to look at your mods, and offer suggestions, comments, and praise (when earned) during the design phase.

Preferrably, find one that will push you hard, making you get better and better, even when you get a bit frustrated with the amount of work it takes.

right Makjager? wink.gif

dave

------------------

History is made at night

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I can't imagine working in anything but Adobe Photoshop. But that's just my biased Mac opinion.

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh, you should see my crappy appleworks mods. Hi-Quality low res tongue.gif

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

I use Photoshop too, Tom, but I got the picture Slyss wanted to get started with the minimum investment.

That's good advice about the tester or friend to crticize your work, akaidorat. I shoulda put that in the original post. The thing is, though, he or she has to be a good, impartial tester. Telling you your work is great and fantastic won't get you very far, nor will finding fault with everything. He must try to be impartial, while still being encouraging, as akaidorat said.

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time