New mod preview--Panzer guy!

Here's a preview of the latest Super Action Pack™ addition--the Hi-Res Panzer Guy. He'll be available in Heer, Waffen-SS, and extra-groovy Waffen-SS 44 dot camo.

Ok, I know what you're thinking: "but the 44 dot pattern will look funny when he's out of the tank because of the way that CM uses the Panzer Guy bmps!" Well, you're right, but it looks cool, and it will give you an excuse to hone your armor tactics so that none of your German tanks get ko'd :D .

They're *almost* ready, just a few tweaks here and there and I'll send them to Tom, and maybe he'll post them this weekend.

Enough blabbing, here are some screenshots--

Heer

pz2.jpg

44 dot

pz3.jpg

44 dot w/black cap

pz4.jpg

Waffen-SS

pz1.jpg

Waffen-SS commander makes tracks!

pz5.jpg

A question: does anyone find the non-black Panzer Guy too disturbing? For those who don't know, the Panzer Guy leg and torso side share a texture, so if it's not painted all black it tends to look a little strange, i.e. camo boots, no belt on the side, etc. I've started to make a Feldgrau assault gun crew uniform, and I'm wondering if anyone will actually use it or the 44 dot. Input is, as always, much appreciated. smile.gif

Sorry Andrew I was so excited about the uniforms I forgot to answer your question. My answer is yes. I would use the crews camo uniform. I will probably use the black more often but it's nice to be able to change things once in a while so yes I would like to be able to use them when I want something different. I realize the shared texture thing but unless it really looks goofy I'll still use.

I am looking forward to the Feldgrau Assault gun uniform--cant understand why BTS only had one bmp. set for the tank crews when different uniforms for different vehicles where used. I just want to know if they will have "Tropicle" "Winter" and "Summer" For combat mission barborossa to berlin. (Tropicle for the Crimea front and so on)

-Fieldmarshall

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunnergoz:

Nice work, Andrew.

Now how about putting that excellent talent to work on THE GOOD GUYS! :cool:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! But I've already done the good guys! Didn't you see Super Action Pack ™ 2: "For Mom, Apple Pie, and the USA"? It has all the US uniforms, and you can get it from Manx's or Tom's excellent Web sites.

The brits are waiting in the wings. They're all nearly done but for some reason I just can't seem to finish them. Maybe this weekend. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS Peiper:

AndrewTF your the MAN!!! yes that's what I'm talking about :D

SS Peiper<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I guess I AM the man! :cool:

Thanks for the suggestion. Within minutes I managed to find a great photo of an original jacket which I was able to plop into the photoshop file without a lot of unecessary alterations.

Actually, this is really one cool-looking mod--the screenshot doesn't really do it justice. Am I correct in assuming that there isn't any other insignia/medals or what not on the leather jacket save the shoulder boards? Please let me know as I'm more of a good researcher than an expert smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Yes, I guess I AM the man! :cool:

Thanks for the suggestion. Within minutes I managed to find a great photo of an original jacket which I was able to plop into the photoshop file without a lot of unecessary alterations.

Actually, this is really one cool-looking mod--the screenshot doesn't really do it justice. Am I correct in assuming that there isn't any other insignia/medals or what not on the leather jacket save the shoulder boards? Please let me know as I'm more of a good researcher than an expert smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AndrewTF yes that is right no insignia or medals just shoulder boards, and the pants were leather also.

A big thanks for making the U-boat uniform

:D

SS Peiper