Minimum range for weapons.

Hey, BTS.

I have noticed that this is not incorporated into the game. For instance...

Most, if not all, HE rounds (artillery and DF) have a timer for arming the warhead. Most of the times this was done with a centrifugal timer or by fuse. Therefore there was a minimum range the projectile HAD to cover before the warhead would arm. Take for example the Panzerschreck:

"(...) We had a minimum range of 50 meters since the RR80 round fuse didn't arm itself before 15 meters, and there must be at least 50 meters between you and the target in order to survive the engagement. An exploding tank is not the safest thing to be near to..."

Here is told that the warhead WOULD NOT arm before 15 meters, but on several occasions I have seen Panzerschrecks engage at MUCH LESS then 15 meters.

I know this situation also applied to HE rounds fired from AFVs. This was so that the AFV didn't kill itself which happens now and again in the game.

Thanks,

Jeff

------------------

"It's takes a big man to cry, but it takes bigger man to laugh at him." - Jack handy

Jeff I didn't see a question in there but I think what you are talking about is modeled in the game. The other night in a TCP/IP game I fired a Hellcat at a target about 250 meters away. The round caught the edge of a hill directly in front of me and the Hellcat ended up blowing itself up.

------------------

"When they finally put you in the ground..I'll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down" Elvis Costello

Elvis,

That is what I am talking about. There is a minimum range for the HE ammo of most AFVs so that they WOULD NOT hit something accidentally to close and kill themselves.

Hofbauer,

I am specifically talking about Panzerschrecks in my example.

Jeff

Jeez Elvis,

Hitting the ground right in front of you, that's what I call HULL DOWN!

------------------

"You see, while I've been gone you loony chumchucks have thrown Peng in a ditch, ran Frenchie out of town and reduced Seanachai to a four-sentence-max-posting wretch. To compound this, you have managed to create an entire fantasy world for me to occupy that consists almost but not entirely of a Polar Bear's rectum. And, AND, you moved the Cesspool to Australia. You should be ashamed of yourselves." - Elijah Meeks

RUN LIKE HELL - CM/Cross Country motto