What's the best HQ bonus?

So, which one is it? We generally don't get a choice, but would you rather have the command "star," the fighting "thunderbolt," the morale "heart," or the stealth "?" for your HQ units?

My initial impression is that maybe the command "star" bonus might be the most valuable, for the simple reason that being in command is the foundation of all other HQ benefits: if the unit is in command, you'll get, at the very least, quicker response times and some resistance to breaking, and these are the foundation of effective combat. It also extends the effects of all other bonuses.

But I may be wrong--maybe the command bonus seems best because you can literally SEE it's benefits--in the red command line stretching to far off units. Other benefits may be less tangible; you can't really see the number of increased casualities you might be causing through a fighting bonus, for example. The stealth benefit is particularly hard to visualize.

Anyone have any further thoughts--or hard data--on this?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CombinedArms:

So, which one is it? We generally don't get a choice, but would you rather have the command "star," the fighting "thunderbolt," the morale "heart," or the stealth "?" for your HQ units? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like some of each, so that I

can task my platoons according to

their abilities.

--Rett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CombinedArms:

So, which one is it? We generally don't get a choice, but would you rather have the command "star," the fighting "thunderbolt," the morale "heart," or the stealth "?" for your HQ units?

My initial impression is that maybe the command "star" bonus might be the most valuable, for the simple reason that being in command is the foundation of all other HQ benefits: if the unit is in command, you'll get, at the very least, quicker response times and some resistance to breaking, and these are the foundation of effective combat. It also extends the effects of all other bonuses.

But I may be wrong--maybe the command bonus seems best because you can literally SEE it's benefits--in the red command line stretching to far off units. Other benefits may be less tangible; you can't really see the number of increased casualities you might be causing through a fighting bonus, for example. The stealth benefit is particularly hard to visualize.

Anyone have any further thoughts--or hard data--on this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tend to think command and morale are about equal in importance. In defensive setups especially, that a good HQ with morale bonuses have saved my support weapons long enough to save my ass in the battle. Command is important so that you can disperse your assets against arty while still having benefit.

Combat and stealth modifiers are a little more nebulous. Personally, I've never really 'felt' them make their presence known. It doesn't seem to me that stealth really keeps things stealthy, and that combat does anything beyond a few extra FP here or there. On offense, naturally, combat is better than stealth, and probably the reverse for defense.