Bugs anyone?

Ive been doing some reading lately and have come across somthing interesting. I had never heard of the M-22 Locust until recently. Looking into it further I found that the Brits actually used them in Hamilcar gliders during the Rhine crossing. Anyway, The info I have is sketchy at best, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the way of some info that is a little better than what I have. And why are these things not in CM? they would be great!

Chris

From what I can find, it appears that only a VERY small number were landed for the crossing, and the vehicle overall was too thinly armored and overall not incredibly useful.

Perhaps there were simply too few of them actually used for BTS to spend time including them?

There's one page at http://www.askam.com/croberts1/m22.htm with a photo, specs, description and usage ("Twelve of the tanks were landed using the giant Hamilcar glider during the Rhine crossing on March 24, 1945. The British airborne crossing of the Rhine river, called Operation Varsity, utilized over 50 large Hamilcar Gliders delivering airborne tanks and other equipment for the 6th Airborne Armored Reconnaissance Regiment, Royal Armored Corps, of the British forces.").

It sure is a cute little tank smile.gif.

See http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/003833.html

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

From what I can find, it appears that only a VERY small number were landed for the crossing, and the vehicle overall was too thinly armored and overall not incredibly useful.

Perhaps there were simply too few of them actually used for BTS to spend time including them?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep that's pretty much it. smile.gif

Charles

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

hmmm so was the Puma but its in the game...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but it is not nearly as difficult to model a turret for an existing chassis, than to build up an entirely new model. The super pershing was included for the same reason: most of the work was already done, so it was an easy add.

------------------

Pair-O-Dice

"Once a Diceman, Always a Diceman."