CMMOS installation

I tried to get CMMOS to work, but it seems to assume that CM is installed in C:\Program\CMBO\ I have choosen to install CM on another drive, how do I make it work without moving everything to the C: drive? I also had to create a "windows" directory for the temp files (my windows directory is called "win").

Wouldn't it be better if you installed CMMOS into your CMBO directory, regardless of which drive you use i.e. with a relative path, not an absolute.

Kurz,

My CM is in E:\Wargames\Combat Mission,

CMMOS in E:\Wargames\CMMOS

Everything works just fine right from the start...

I suppose ypour CM path is incorrectly registered in Windows registry...Somewhere under Software, Windows

There's the detailed procedure at M Dorosh's CANUCK site (in CMMOS -compatible mods page)

Michael, I tried to download your Canadian uniforms but got an error message saying that Angelfire does not allow direct linking from offsite, non-Angelfire pages, to files hosted on Angelfire.

The guide to using Regedit was good, although I didn't look it up until after I had fixed the problem. :D

It should also be noted that there has to be a

c:\windows\temp directory, even if Windows is installed elsewhere.

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Kurtz ]</p>

Kurz, me again,

About Anglefire : Michael makes some remote hosting (that's forbidden ! ;) ) and Angelfire tries to block indirect links, but you can usually manage to make it work by using some dload software (DAP in my case, but GoZilla should work too).

Anyway you can just copy the link and put in in the address field of you browser and it'll work.

lastly I can just send them to you via email or host them elsewhere, just ask ;)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kurtz:

The problem only appeared in Opera, when I used Netscape it worked.

The confusing thing about the error message was that he's not really using remote hosting since the page is on the same server as the zip-files.<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for all the useful info. I have no problem using IE; unfortunately, as Bill Gates said at his latest release party, Microsoft rules the universe.

What is "opera"?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

What is "opera"?<hr></blockquote>

It's an internet browser. I'm using it right now. I like it because it seems to load pages faster, and it opens new windows inside itself rather than a new window, so "pop-ups" are easy to deal with, especially if they are of the sort you don't want someone who snuck up behind you to see their contents. It's merely one click to kill all browser windows, rather than 5,000. Unfortunately it still seems to run javascript after it's closed so buttons still pop up.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but I've been down and out with a cold. Yes, the problem comes from the registry information being incorrect for the CM:BO installation directory (usually from multiple installations of CM:BO a la DFDR).

I will be including the regedit instructions in the documentation for the next release of CMMOS.

Gordon