CMBB damage effects

i have seen some gruesome footage of the eastern front on pbs a long time ago, and it showed tanks being hit by ground attack planes and dive bombers.

here in lies my question, will the effects of the destroyed tank look the same as if a tank knocked it out?

when ground attack planes and dive bombers hit tanks, it was common for the tank to go flying up into the air and land on it's roof, ect... i don't see this being modeled, but will there at least be improved effects, mabe turrets getting blow clean off under a hard enough hit?

even shells that hit the tank and don't knock it out, say form another tank, will they leave a mark, dents, mabe effect the pretty paint jobs if on a german tank a little?

i've seen some screen shots from the game and it looks very good, thats why i am inquiring about graphical damage since they are deciding to take the graphics high road,instead of just completly copying cmbo and adding russain units, wich was a good idea.

I'd like to see turrets blown off and tanks flipped over as well, but I doubt it will happen in CMBB, hard to code. But man, I would love to see a MkIV go to sh!t when its attacked by a Il-2, something other than the 'mopey turret' we get now. True, you get the fireball and the brew-up effect regularly, but some more destructive eye-candy would be kickass.

The engine re-write will most probably support this. The engine we have now really was not made for such fantastic displays because BTS was aiming this game at people who probably have slower computers (ie: old time wargamers).

However, now that BTS has seen how many fans they really have, and that many of them would actually upgrade just to play the game, coupled with advances in computer technology, the new engine rewrite will be able to support all sorts of cool stuff we usually expect from modern games.

Personally, I could do without the snazzy light effects. Explosions and ravaged tanks you have to have! :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

Mopey turret?! LOL! That was funny! :D I'd love to see damage effects, I don't really need tanks flipping over (is it really easy for 20-40 tons to flip over in the air?)...<hr></blockquote>

you have no f-ing idea my friend smile.gif , the show i mentioned was real war footage and showed t-34's going up 10-20 ft in the air. you'd think the tanks were light as a feather from the way it looked.

i have only seen this show i am refering to once, and i almost could'nt beleive what i was watching, it made saving private ryan look like the little mermaid. it was'nt a remake or anyhting it was actual war footage taken from russian and german archives.