More Fresh New Variants of our Three Stale Scenarios!!!!

Johan's suggestion moved me to come up with some more new variants!

1. Troops must crawl everywhere; armor has to go in reverse at all times.

2. First one to lose all his armor and vehicles, wins. This is the one I would do best at....

3. (More seriously) One building is designated Maximum Building to be captured; can't be shelled...winner is the last one with a unit in the building...or if more than one sides' unit, the one with the most men.

4. Infantry can only fight if they are riding on armor.

5. All arty and armor must fire smoke at center of the map and then advance in that direction.

6. All armor backs up towards each other until everyone's tail pipes touch. Then you take "ten paces" out, turn, and fire.

7. All units have to expend all their ammo at long distance. Then the ammo-less troops and vehicles close with each other and

fight hand to hand.

8. Both sides position all units on the same side of the map. After everyone is in position, they race for the

opposite side of the map, but can shoot as they go. First combatant to reach the opposite side gets 100 points, plus ten more

points for every additional unit that arrives.

9. You aim at your own units...first side to kill all their own men wins.

No, don't thank me. Just stop by when the psych unit has visiting hours....

------------------

Max Molinaro

You know

A lot of the map areas aren't used, Chance encounter and Reisberg for instance, would be fun to to move the abttle area to those unused portions of the map! That farm up on hill in the Geramn setup area of Last Defense would make a nice firefight area wink.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! :P

Guest -panzershreck-

I just played the new scenario...and I

totaly kicked butt as Allied...he he he smile.gif

i took out their armor piece of cake, sat back and blew the crap outta that hill with the Shermans, then moved the infantry up to assult it...LOL they gave up..HAHAHAHAHAH. Then i moved my shermans up to the church and blew it up...LOL and they gave up there aswell. Great Scenario (if u are allied).

Guest Madmatt

As Germans it is a real challenge as the troops you have under command, while numerous, are all of ummm SUCK quality for the most part! They even have conscripts (here boy take this rifle and stop the Capitalist Hordes!)...

Try it now as Germans and pay CLOSE attention to your unit info, if you play to your strengths and your opponents weakness's you can pull off a stunning victor...But then its always that way isnt it?!?

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 02-21-2000).]

Max-

You must have spent some time playing Myth and all its crazy game variants smile.gif Or so it seems to one who has been dreaming of using the editor to make such scenarios. Already got some plans for versions of your Maximum Building thing (known in Myth as Last Man on the Hill).

Your idea of a mad, running gun battle all across the map is quite cool. I'm DEFINITELY going to have to make some scenarios just for this type of game. Obviously, it needs a special map. Maybe long and very narrow, with bands of different terrain types all the way across posing successive and equal obstacles for both players.

Just off the top of my head, it might be good to have a steep, high ridge dividing the starting areas so units don't begin the game with LOS on the enemy. Then there'd be a big fight for control of the end of this ridge in an attempt to bottle the other side up in its starting area biggrin.gif

In this type of cross country race, it would be cool to have successive obstacles require the talents of different types of troops to cross them in the shortest time. Maybe things for engineers to blow out of the way, maybe allow the players to plant mines in each others' lanes biggrin.gif And maybe have the last obstacle be a wide river that only grunts can cross in boats, which have to be dragged all the way there wink.gif

A variation might be an actual race course with high cliffs to keep the units confined more or less to the track. Maybe make it a figure-8 track biggrin.gif Or an oval track with cliffs on the outside and a lake in the middle for clear LOS all they way across smile.gif

A variation on this latter would have all the racing vehicles be unarmed trucks and jeeps. As spectators on opposite sides high above the track would be some ATGs, mortars, MGs, and grunts. These try to destroy the other side's racers and/or spectators biggrin.gif

Geez, I can't wait for the editor biggrin.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

Bullethead, you're not a well man either, but that's very funny! How about one of the World Trade Center buildings with all the Germans at the top and all the Allies at the bottom. First side to take and hold the 50th floor men's room wins. The elevators work...until someone's engineers cut the cables (wanna take a chance and stuff all your heavy MG's into an elevator right off the bat?)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Bullethead, you're not a well man either, but that's very funny!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe, I'm being dead serious with this post. I fully intend to make just such scenarios as soon as I get my hands on the editor, and then clog up CMHQ and other sites with them smile.gif Basically, they'd be Myth-type games only with realistic WW2 units instead of fantasy troops. I'll leave the serious and realistic scenario making to folks with the research sources available.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>How about one of the World Trade Center buildings with all the Germans at the top and all the Allies at the bottom. First side to take and hold the 50th floor men's room wins.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be cool, except how would you make it in CM without some serious hacking? Gotta limit yourself to what you can actually make with the editor.

Maybe instead you could have a whole village, each building of which as 2 floors and is an objective. Both sides start out with some troops in EVERY building and the object is to own the most buildings at the end. Or maybe the whole map is a VERY steep hillside with some units of both players starting at the top and bottom, with the objective in the middle of the slope.

Basically, CM units can move, shoot, and capture objectives. Some can set things on fire, some can blow up obstacles, but that's about it. So the "off the wall" scenarios have to be built around these constraints and make exaggerated use of one of the abilities of CM units at the expense of others.

There are several hilarious types of Myth game that AFAIK can't be done in CM. These are the ones with movable objectives, such as "Steal the Bacon." In this game, instead of being fixed to the terrain, the objective is a HUGE ball that one of your units can push around the map away from the enemy while your other units kill anybody who tries to take the ball away. I would love to do this in CM but don't think there is anything to use for the ball frown.gif (Steve, Charles: HINT HINT HINT)

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

As a former Army Chaplain..I have come to the conclusion you guys are scary..in desperate need of counseling.I will appeal to the HQ that the only solution is the qucik and urgent release of game.....to avoid what could be a major international incident.I would suggest those close to you lock up the guns and hide the keys to any vehicles....drink lots of water!!!!

Chaplain:

I drank lots of water and am now spending 'way too much time in the 50th floor mens room at the World Trade Center (see above post) and can hear the converging troops getting closer. Isn't there another way to beat CM Absence Disorder (C-MAD)?

Excellent idea! Actually, I was thinking of putting together a whole bunch of graphic stuff for people like CoolColJ to put into some kind of textures files (which I actually don't know how to do). Something else for my spare time....

You got my brain ticking -

how about a Hlaf-Life Team Fortress type opertaion! Base on each end the map, you get reinforcements every battle of the operation, and you goal is to capture the enemy base. With plenty of neutral buildings and interesting terrain scattered between, with a large town right in the middle of the map. I think it would be a nice blood bath battle! smile.gif I can imagine the number of wrecked vehicles and rubbled buildings now biggrin.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! :P

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>how about a Half-Life Team Fortress type opertaion! Base on each end the map, you get reinforcements every battle of the operation, and you goal is to capture the enemy base.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe, the lure of the irreverent and irrelevant claims another victim biggrin.gif

Excellent idea, CCJ. Maybe score it on the total of base ownership at the end of each battle of the operation? Be sure to have some of the battles in this operation happen at night, and make the weather change, and such wink.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bullethead:

That would be cool, except how would you make it in CM without some serious hacking? Gotta limit yourself to what you can actually make with the editor.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not just have a map that is one long row of 100 one story houses. Each side has fixed placement machine gun nests at various points along the way. First to the middle with his battalion HQ wins.

Ethan

------------------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

How bout this - in LD the US army has to destroy the farmhouses behind the big woods, but the germans don't get to use their tiger and one platoon of infantry...

- Bill

Hakko Ichiu said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Why not just have a map that is one long row of 100 one story houses. Each side has fixed placement machine gun nests at various points along the way. First to the middle with his battalion HQ wins.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ichi ban idea! smile.gif Hey, give each side some flame throwers so they can make firewalls, as it were, to slow down the other side wink.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com