v1.1b23 Still Gives Same Error in Win2K

After clicking on a game to load and getting the "loading 3d graphics" screen, the error is:

"ERROR: GGraphic.cpp line 711. Exiting program."

Anyone else having this prob?

System:

win2k

PII/450

Creative Annihilator Pro (GeForce DDR 32Meg)

256Meg

SBLive

etc.

Thanks

stimpy

Sorry I'm too lazy to look for your previous post on this. What driver version are you using with your card ? Is it Creative's release or a reference Detonator that you're using ? What DirectX version do you have installed (I can't remember what Win2K comes with by default, I think it's 7.0) ?

Do you have any graphic mods installed ? I wouldn't think that would be a problem, but I'm curious if there may be any connection.

I have exactly the same error message.

Using a Dell Latitude 466, 128Mb RAM, Win2K recently installed, with latest ATI Rage Mobility driver and 8 Mb card (sucks, but that's what it's got).

CM runs great (at 800X600) up through 1.05. I did not load the earlier betas on this machine.

Same error...take a look at the error log, it may say down near the bottom that it can not load #1720 or something like that and it generates the error you all are having.

Here is what I did:

I had to load 1.05 FIRST then any BETA patch...it seems to be looking for some fire or explosion graphics that are not included in the BETA patches.

Hope this helps,

Horrido

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stimpy:

After clicking on a game to load and getting the "loading 3d graphics" screen, the error is:

"ERROR: GGraphic.cpp line 711. Exiting program."

Anyone else having this prob?

System:

win2k

PII/450

Creative Annihilator Pro (GeForce DDR 32Meg)

256Meg

SBLive

etc.

Thanks

stimpy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Big Time Software

Horrido is correct. You must already be "patched" up to v1.05 before installing the public beta.

We'll fix this once we make the new beta "official" v1.1.

Charles