Gas?

I'm very new to the game, have no real knowledge of World War II other than what I've learned in class and from various fictional works (WEB Griffith being my favorite), but this game rocks.

However, I am a little confused on one point. Has the game been modeled to represent farts? I've been having a problem with the crews of unarmored vehicles bailing out long before there is any contact with the enemy, or in one case someone must have really ripped one because one of my tank crewmen croaked during the first minute when contact wasn't even made until the 6th or so.

Any input on how to prevent these gaseous problems would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps a better diet consisting of more fruits and vegetables would be in order, although I'm not quite sure how I would affect this.

------------------

Upon the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds of Victory.

---Douglas McArthur

There has been some discussion about this (search!), but here goes. wink.gif

Are you playing with full FOW (fog of war)? If so, your un- or lightly-armored vehicles may be getting zapped by some as-yet unseen foe. It only appears that they bail for no reason.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

Although I'm not a beta tester I play on TV and I can assure you that BTS has modelled ALL aspects of WW2 armored conflict and for you to even suggest that they would not have modelled this critical aspect is beyond the bounds of the normal and rational behavior we would expect of a modern, well informed and indeed, dare I say it, reasonable individual possessing even a modicum of the sense that God (in any of the forms which he and/or she may take and placing no requirement upon you or indeed anyone to subscribe to a particular belief system) granted to a gnat upon the day of creation of gnats, whenever and however that may have occurred.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, farts. I know that Matt uses sound "samples" for the sound files and has even been the talent for some of them. I strongly suspect that he may have filled that same role in this aspect of the game as well.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

All i want to know is can i still blame the dog?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume you are refering to the age old joke. Hehe, I love that one.

------------------

Upon the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds of Victory.

---Douglas McArthur

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fuse:

I believe that it would probably be the #2.wav.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now someone just needs to edit the sound file of the hatch opening, insert the sound of a "gas attack" in front of it and we'd have it.

Just before a crew bailed out you'd hear a loud fart, the hatch opening and the guys running for cover. smile.gif